DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg
$80
Williamsburg Inn(Williamsburg)
$499
Official Website
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$74
$72
Hotels.com
The Historic Powhatan Resort(Williamsburg)
$92
  • Pool
$132
$119
Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$109
Marriott
Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$119
$159
Great Wolf Lodge(Williamsburg)
$170
1,601 results
All reviewsdouble treebusch gardenswarm cookiesfront deskthe indoor outdoor poolbush gardensbreakfast buffetthe hotel staffconference centerwater countryupon checkbeds were comfortableconventionscarespitchershuttleproximity
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Went here for a girls' weekend at Busch Gardens. The location was perfect. The hotel did offer a shuttle to the park which I thought was nice, but we didn't take advantage of it (financially it didn't make sense since parking at the place came out cheaper still) The restaurant at the hotel was good, nothing special, but good, and reasonable prices. The rooms were comfortable and clean, with plenty of space. Pool area was nice, although we would have loved to have a hot tub. Loved that we could order food poolside from the restaurant as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Nehad S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Orangeleah ,

Thank you for posting your review about our hotel. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed June 11, 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a small issue at check in and the staff went above and beyond to correct it. The breakfast is not worth the cost I would recommend eating at one of the local restaurants.

Dear Phaedra Marie J,
Thank you for your kind remarks. We are quite proud of our staff and the pride that they take in providing excellent service.
I am really sorry that you did not enjoy our breakfast; I have shared your comments with our Management team to review what we are offering.
Nehad Sobhy
Director of Rooms Operations

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Everyone was great! Everything was clean and the beds were so comfy!! We were traveling with our travel softball team and we all stayed here. Everyone had only nice things to say about the hotel. The service was a little slow but that was to be expected because you had tons of families from the softball tournament there and the hotel was also hosting a prom! But it didn't disturb anyone. The bar/lounge area was jumping and they played great music and there was karaoke. I would definitely stay here again!!

Dear Sherry F,
Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to share you experience. We are very proud of our staff and what they do to take care of all of our valued guests. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Nehad Sobhy
Director of Rooms Operations

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I made reservations thirty days prior for 2 rooms for a family vacation,upon arriving I was told, I did not have a reservation for that day. I explained that I called reservations and,also the hotel to confirm my reservation prior to my arrival, only after showing my booking confirmation on my Ipad. I was able to get checked in.

I thought after this situation I could relax, but on 6/7 while I was in the shower my wife is calling me FURIOUS, telling me the front desk called and told her we had to check out, and before I could get out of the shower there was someone there, telling her they were there to get the room turned around at this point I was completely PISSED, and could not believe this was going on again, my keys were disabled, and I had to go back to the front desk and sort out this situation. The staff blamed Busch Gardens I would have believed that, if I had not already CONFIRMED my reservation.

The staff I encountered was very FLAT and pretty much gave me the impression wether or not my problem was solved they did not care either way!!! They were not rude but if you are in the hospitality industry you should put your best foot forward ! or in this case your best people
forward !

I was NOT HAPPY, my Family felt HARRASED !!! I have been making this trip to Busch Gardens from New Jersey for the past 4 years with no issue. I normally stay at the Courtyard Marriott ,but it was booked I guess I will be returning to the Courtyard Mariott next year !

Please Note I wrote this review after driving 7 hours back to New Jersey, this will give you an idea how strongly I feel about the Double Tree Hilton and their service.

J. Jones

Room Tip: The room was nice I was on the 5th floor. The laundry was very convenient but the machines were dated!
2  Thank R2John
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I was in Williamsburg for a business trip. I picked this hotel specifically because I had stayed here several times when it was the Kingsmill Marriott. I always loved its location and amenities. What a difference change of ownership has had on the once fabulous gem. The hotel is tired and in need of a facelift. The property was unkempt. Trash and weeds were prevalent around the property. The pool area needed mowing, hedge trimming and weeding. Birds flew in and out of nooks at the roofline where they have been allowed to nest. I stayed on the third floor and observed that the hallway carpeting was badly stained, and end of hall doors were propped open with rags. The walls were scuffed and stained. The stairwell was dirty and poorly lit. The sheets on my bed had old stains that were not laundered out. Check in was slow.

The pluses were that the bed was comfortable and towels are nice. Also, the staff was able to grant my request to be put in a "quiet" area of the hotel. This hotel is about a mile to Busch Gardens and Water Country and a few miles from Colonial Williamburg. However, I do not intend to stay there again after this visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business