“Reasonable Stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg
Ranked #20 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed April 24, 2014

1. Called the hotel to say we were checking in a little late (say after 5pm). The rep. said it was ok as long as we checked in before 11:30pm. 2. We got a corner room(rm133). It was spacious for the 5 of us, however the bathroom layout isn't that great and small. The room and bathroom looked a bit worn, some cracks in the ceiling, etc. 3. Comfy bed, pillows and comforter. 4. Because we stayed in a corner unit, we heard alot of the side door banging closed and noises in the hallway and our neighbors upstairs and next door. Rowdy teenagers also running rampant. Security took care of them. 5. Checkout was nice and easy. They left our final bill under the door. 6. Very close to Busch Gardens and Water Country. 7. Had dinner in the Pub and it was okay. Will have to try the Grille next time. 8. There is complimentary wifi but for 1 day only, otherwise you have to pay or be a Hhonors gold/platinum member. 9. Wasn't sure if the cookies were complimentary so we turned it down. lol next time i think i should say yes lol... 10. There is also a $25 a night holding fee for any damage to the room. So there is an extra charge just in case, but you should receive a credit after your stay. We will be back here again and this will be our choice of stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)

Reviewed April 24, 2014

How we were greeted was wonderful. The hotel lobby is very nice and open. My kids loved the cookies. The room was neat and clean. I gave it very good and not excellent because the plumbing is old. The first night the toilet kept running. The second night the tub drain came apart. When I reported the problem it was resolved on the same day.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

best hotel in the Williamsburg,va area. location,service, sleep quality,rooms and cleanliness. it's location near some of the finest restaurants. it location right between Williamsburg gates and south of Busch Gardens main gate.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This weekend getaway was a prize won from a civic organization raffle .I must say, during the
Christmas season, it was a perfect getaway. Outside, it was bitter cold, but everyone was so
hospitable from the moment of entering this lovely older hotel.She was decorated
beautifully for Christmas ! The room was comfortable.It was raining, but when I looked out my window, I could see the people having a good time inside the indoor swimming pool.This hotel has a comedy club , but I was too engrossed, in watching my F.S.U. team play, to check it out.A bartender told me that she had worked for this hotel for 32 years . I certainly understand why ! The location is perfect, and so are the boundless warm cookies !! I will be back !!!

Room Tip: I always prefer a higher floor away from elevators and vending machines .
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel is great since the renovations. The staff is excellent, which really makes the stay more enjoyable. The front desk staff really made our check in smooth and they were very helpful. The location is great if you are enjoying Busch Gardens, which we did. The breakfast buffet is delicious! Also, if you can make it to the hotel bar, Katy was an excellent bartender. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed our trip. Room was nice, service great and I want to commend Dennis the evening manager who took care of some issues for us as we had to change our plans. He was phenomenal Food/buffet was very good and very reasonably priced for young children. Great family value

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I spent one night at this hotel while attending a conference and I really had no problems. The room was very comfortable. My balcony door would not open but this was not a problem because the temperature was still cool outside. Late check-out is advertised as an additional $35.00; check to make sure you are not charged half the room rate. The hotel is close Busch Gardens and very convenient.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business