DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Rodeway Inn & Suites(Williamsburg)
Kingsmill Resort(Williamsburg)
Fort Magruder Hotel(Williamsburg)
Bassett Motel(Williamsburg)
1,601 results
All reviewsdouble treebusch gardenswarm cookiesfront deskthe indoor outdoor poolbush gardensbreakfast buffetthe hotel staffconference centerwater countryupon checkbeds were comfortableconventionscarespitchershuttleproximity
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Room was comfortable and clean. All of the staff were nice and helpful. They promptly brought extra linens to our room when we called. Breakfast buffet isn't anything special, but it was included in our stay.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2014

1. Called the hotel to say we were checking in a little late (say after 5pm). The rep. said it was ok as long as we checked in before 11:30pm.
2. We got a corner room. It was spacious for the 5 of us, however the bathroom layout isn't that great and small.
3. Comfy bed, pillows and comforter.
4. Because we stayed in a corner unit, we heard alot of the side door banging closed and noises in the hallway and our neighbors upstairs and next door.
5. Checkout was nice and easy. They left or final bill under the door.
6. Very close to Busch Gardens and Water Country.
7. Had dinner in the Pub and it was okay. Will have to try the Grille next time.
We will be back here again and this will be our choice of stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Stopped at the pub at this location ti enjoy dinner. We had tickets to the comedy club and were offered 20 percent off at the restaurant before the show. Fajitas were unseasoned and served with plain white rice. Food runner was inexperinced,as was the bus boy. Entrees were all served with the same sides of plain white rice and veggies. Reminded me of eating at a conference. Entire dining area smelled of chlorine from the adjacent pool area. This caused dining area to be noisy. Thumbs down!

• Stayed: April 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

When I first entered the room, I was a little concerned as there were scratches on some of the furniture, but that was really just superficial. The beds and pillows were SO VERY comfortable, and the towels are the best towels I've had in a hotel of this level.

We had an issue with the safe in the room, but almost immediately a maintenance employee came to resolve it.

The staff was polite, and the food in Pitcher's was very tasty.

There were a few things that prevent me from giving it a full positive rating. I wasn't impressed with the time it took to get food. The happy hour menu we were given said that happy hour was from 4-11pm, which I thought strange and the server said it was only until 7. He commented that those menus were the old ones, and seemed somewhat reluctant to give one to us (my daughter really liked the sliders on it). The last night we were there, we encountered the obnoxious neighbor hotel guests. They were talking loudly and slamming doors, running from room to room at 1:00am, and after my husband nicely asked them to be quiet because of how late it was, they continued and we called the front desk. No one came up to tell them to be quiet, and at almost 2am, I went out into the hall and screamed at them to shut up. Very disappointed that hotel staff didn't do it themselves.

Overall, it was a fantastic stay in a very comfy and welcoming hotel room.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We just returned from a five night stay. We checked in late and told them ahead of time so our room was not given away. Check in was smooth. We received a room on ground level and at first I was skeptical as I never stayed on first floor in all my travels. Well it was awesome! No waiting for elevators and if my child had to use the restroom while at a restaurant or pool no problem to just go back to our room quickly. We went during spring break so yes it was not always quiet but it was quiet at a reasonable time so can't complain. When we first arrived we were starved so we ordered room service. Unfortunately even hungry we did not like the food. The next day we decided to give the bar Pitchers a try and this time we liked the food. The wings and crab cakes were great and so was the sangria! The service was quick and friendly. The pool area was clean my children enjoyed it as there were lots of families there for spring break. We always had towels and a place to sit when we went. The room was spacious and clean. The house cleaning service did clean the rooms around the time I would get ready for dinner but they just came back later. They aways left the room fully stocked with towels and shampoo so who could complain. The hotel is so close to Bush Garden and Colonial Williamsburg. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: I liked being on first floor , no waiting for elevators!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family