“Good place for the price”

Super 8 Williamsburg/Historic Area
Ranked #54 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Aside from the woman at the front desk who checked us in being rude, unprofessional and frankly, a B, the stay was great. The rooms were very clean and fairly comfortable. Definitely worth the price. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Bharat P, Night Auditor Mark at Super 8 Williamsburg/Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2016

Thank you for your kind word's I was not working here in 2009 but I'm glad your stay was comfy and you had a great time in Williamsburg, Virginia. We hope to see you again soon take care be safe my friend's. Mark

Reviewed May 27, 2010

My fiance and I stayed here on a recent trip to Williamsburg. We loved it. We didn't make reservations, just showed up and he quoted us the same price we found online. No hassels. Room was super clean, with the exception of a dead fly in the bathroom (but that can happen at the Hilton also!).

We paid $40/night for a king room, non-smoking. Very much a high value for the money spent. Don't go there with high expectations and you'll be pleasantly surprised. A week later we were in Vegas at the Bellagio and honestly, we both liked the Super 8 better. The Bellagio was fun and all, but at $250/night...come on. Seriously. This place has free wi-fi, free continental breakfast (which isn't much, but it is FREE!) and lots of parking.

The location is a bit far from the attractions and stuff, but we made out just fine. We had our own SUV and had no problems getting around at all. There's not much for dining options around, except for Mc D's across the street. We loved the craker barrell! :)

Bottom line, it's cheap, but super clean and an AWESOME value!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sdnoethen
Bharat P, Manager at Super 8 Williamsburg/Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2016

thank you for your comments, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2009

Check in was fast, man at desk was very helpful and polite.Our room suited us well.The pool was nice.We ate at the Mexican resturant next door and the food was wonderful.I don't understand why people complain in these reviews about this motel.U pay for what you get and I have stayed in a lot worse motels.This motel was very nice compared to some.It just seems to me some people are just not happy about life in general.If you are not in your room much at all why should it matter what the room is like.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank bad2thabonemom

Reviewed June 29, 2009

I had originally booked this hotel with Priceline. I had called ahead of time to request 2 double beds and non-smoking since we were traveling with two small children. I was told over the phone that it was no problem. At check-in, we were given a king, non-smoking room which meant our two boys had to sleeep on the floor. The man at the front desk wouldn't even look into it even though there were several vacant rooms and we could have been easily accomodated with two double beds. Upon entering the room, the air was turned off and the room smelled like a Chinese food restaurant. We had to turn the AC on and leave for a while because the heat was unbearable. At night, there was noise, people drinking around the pool and men babging on the outside of hotel room doors to get in. We later found out that a group of men had brought two prostitutes back to the hotel and partied it up by the pool causing a scene. The four of us ddin't get any sleep the two nights we were there and the pool was filthy. Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank jimtori12

Reviewed June 4, 2009

The room was nice and clean, the breakfast was fairly good and fresh. However, someone that worked there stole my husband's medication from his bottle. When my husband checked them on his weekly check of the pill bottles after we got home, there had been medication stolen from his bottles. When I contacted the manager of the Super 8 hotel Williamsburg historic area, he was adamant in saying that none of his employees would do anything like that, they had worked for him for 20 years. Hmm, i guess the 20 something year old boy that worked there had been working there since birth!!! I would never stay in a super 8 hotel again, especially not this one! I do not recommend this hotel to anyone! Or if you do stay there, take everything with you when you go somewhere, or it will get stolen!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kbtt
Bharat P, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Williamsburg/Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2016

thank you hope to see you soon. emma

Reviewed May 27, 2009

We read the last review and saw the "newly renovated" on the website and were hopeful our money was well spent here. Apparently this title just means "newly painted". That's the only thing that seemed new. We had reservations for 6 people in 1 room, they gave us 5 pillows, only 4 with pillow cases. When I asked for more, I was told they were out. It just felt like a gross hotel. The desk clerk and worker were discussing overcharging problems they had and were laughing about it while we were in the lobby. Please don't go to this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank youthprincess

Reviewed May 6, 2009

I WAS HORRIFIED BY THE REVIEWS OF THIS HOTEL. I stayed free here for 2 nights on 2 separate rooms/ reservations. I was horrified by the reviews of the hotel. Even though I could get this hotel for free I almost considered paying 50+ dollars to stay somewhere else. I am 100% glad I did not. The Hotel is nothing special (it is just a super 8) but it was just remodeled and it very clean. The rooms are small but adequate. I was booked for a sofa sleeper room for both nights, the first night I wasn't even give the sofa sleeper room, but I didn't really care because I wasn't even going to be there for 10 hours.
The customer service has not been amazing. For example I called a few days before my reservation because I saw on the hotel website that it was recently remodeled and I asked when the last remodel was done and I was told "they do a little bit every year" not that the hotel was recently fully remodeled (which it was) The breakfast is very basic, just cereal, bananas, and donut holes. The room was clean and Cheap!! The rate on a basic room in the hotel during the week when we stay was $40. At that rate it is a STEAL!!. In conclusion this hotel was just remodeled and is MUCH BETTER THAN THE REVIEWS. This is the place to be if you are on a budget!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple