“Good value for the price, rude service at the desk.”

Super 8 Williamsburg/Historic Area
Ranked #50 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
“Good value for the price, rude service at the desk.”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel just last week from 8/12 to 8/17. Overall, it was a pretty decent experience. Room was fairly clean. TV didn't work when we first got there but they immediately replaced it. Continental breakfast was slim pickings, although we didn't get to it until 9AM. Nothing fancy about this place but for the price we didn't care about that. One major issue we had was the very rude lady that checked us in at 5PM on Sunday 8/12/2012. She just had a nasty attitude the entire time. I know this is a cheap hotel, but that doesn't give their employees the right to have an attitude with their guests. We almost left because of her but stuck it out. Glad we did stay because we fortunately didn't have to see her again the rest of the stay, and other than dealing with her, it was a fairly pleasant stay. I'd recommend this hotel if the lady at the desk either gets fired or changes her attitude. She gives a bad first impression to an otherwise decent hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Chad87
Bharat P, Manager at Super 8 Williamsburg/Historic Area, responded to this review, May 17, 2016

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I thought i was getting a good deal on this hotel but it turned out that i should have paid the extra few dollars for a better experience. When i first got to the hotel the lady was SOUND asleep. When I woke her up to check in she was very rude. I got in our room and it smelled like mold and i had to ask for another room (which again she was very rude about it). We got our new room and it smelled better but it wass 90 degrees in there and took 3 hours to cool down and that was after spending all day at watercountry USA. The floor was rediculously GROSS and I would not even let my daughter lay on the floor when she tried. I didnt even feel comfortable taking my shoes off in there. There are flower pots under every air conditioner and every morning the housekeepers throw the water into the parking lot. The location to the attractions was awesome and the pool was nice but that was the only nice things about this hotel besides the price.I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jess2397
thanks

Travelers are raving about these Williamsburg hotels

Reviewed June 29, 2012

This is the nastiest hotel I have ever seen as soon as we walked in the room there was a two inch dead cockroach and the floor was not vacuumed, dirt was everywhere. There was splattered blood on the wall the mattresses had huge brown stains on them as well as the towels. All together we found 6 cockroaches. NEVER EVER stay at this hotel

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank ecarter995
thanks
Randleman, North Carolina
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend so we could visit Busch Gardens and Water Country. They were doing some exterior work on the outside of the building but nothing that affected our stay.
We arrived earlier than check-in time but were able to get in our rooms. The gentleman that checked us in was friendly and helpful. The room was clean. I traveled with a friend and her room was clean as well. A good place to stay if you just need a place to sleep. Will stay here again when returning in the fall for Howl-O-Scream.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Super 8 Williamsburg/Historic Area, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your positive comments! We hope to see you again on your next visit to our area
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I couldn't believe the state of this hotel when we pulled up. When I booked the hotel, I only wanted a place to stay around the halfway point of my trip. This hotel was horrible. Upon pulling into the parking lot, I could tell the hotel staff did not do much "up-keep" of the hotel. The place looked dirty on the outside. People were standing outside of their rooms talking/yelling and children were running around in the parking lot in bathing suits barefoot. I went in to get the room key even though I was reluctant because I saw on priceline it was a 3 star hotel. I PROMISE THIS IS NOT A 3 STAR HOTEL. This hotel was more like a 1 star hotel. As I walked to my room, I passed two other hotel rooms with their doors open. Both of these rooms had to have had more then 10 people staying in each room. I walked into my room and the first thing I noticed was a LARGE 6ft crack in the wall of the room. The black oily spots on the carpet then attracted my attention and was followed by the musty smell that was so horrible it could knock you down. My boyfriend then walked into the bathroom, after holding it for over 6 hours, and there wasn't enough space in the bathroom to use the toilet unless you squeezed past the door and shut it. Not that it would have made me stay but the complimentary shampoo/soap that most hotels usually give visitors were not there. I quickly exited the room without looking back. My daughter was walking the dog outside and after talking to her we found several ticks on my dog that were not there before. My dog had only been walking around the place for 10 minutes at the most. Needless to say, I did NOT stay the night at this hotel. We all got back into the car and traveled to Newport News, VA. to stay the night. This is the WORST hotel I have ever seen and I would NEVER go back or tell anyone to stay there. This hotel looked like it was going to be a good value; however, I just lost out on my 60 dollars because it was so awful! The hotel was dirty and was unsafe. I wouldn't have let my dog stay in the room.

Room Tip: There isn't a good room at this hotel. Though this hotel looks like a good value, I wouldn't...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

1 Thank LiLiTichenor
thank you come again soon.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed May 29, 2012

1st room they put us in had stains on the carpet, stains on the chairs, and mold in the bathroom. Floor so dirty my feet turned black. 2nd room, although bigger, not much better. STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed May 4, 2012

My ex and I stayed in this place after a hurricane decided to come visit.. surprisingly, we DID not lose power and it was entertaining to sit outside, watch the sparks from the windblown trees. The room was clean and comfortable, plus the management was pretty good too.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks for posting your comments! We hope to see you again when visiting the area without the hurricane