“So So”

Ranked #54 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Holland, Pennsylvania
“So So”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I guess I am happy that we were on the third floor as we did not see any roaches. I asked for the third floor to avoid the pets but got a room with little to no air conditioning. The manager told us she would move us the next morning and she did. We came back to a new room, no windows but had lots of ac. I opened the closet to find croutons all over the floor. Apparently housekeeping only cleans what it sees. Our tub was not cleaned the entire time we were there. We never got new soap,shampoo or plastic cups. What we DID see was that the maid had a ton of stuff on her cart (saw this as we helped ourselves to the soap,etc) she had from people checking out. Non english speaking, we had to ask for clean towels over and over. The guy taking care of the breakfast was hiding the entire time so when I asked for my table to be wiped he gave me a creepy look. We stayed 5 nights . Glad we were out more than "in".

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank cruisingal54

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I travel quite a bit with my family, atleast 2 of every 4 weekends, and I have never stayed at a place like this. After having spent an enjoyable, and tiring day at Busch Gardens we got back to the hotel for a much needed shower and some rest. Upon going into the room I went over to close the curtains, to find a 2 inch roach on the window sill above my head. In all my 45 years I have NEVER seen a bug that big. After calling downstairs some guy came up, handed my husband some bug spray and had my husband crawling on the furniture to spray where the bug had crawled back into the ceiling. Ok, if you could care less about your guest, but atleast act concerned!!

The next morning we found another 2 inch roach in our bathroom!!

After that we went downstairs for breakfast and I saw several maids cleaning on all floors, including the 1st floor right outside of the public restrooms. After I finished by breakfast I went in to use the restroom, only to find a third 2 inch roach in one of the toilets. Truly, I thought I was going to be sick at this point.

My husband had already talked with the front desk about the 2nd bug in our room, and when I went to tell her about the bug in the public restroom, right next to the breakfast area, she also could have cared less.

In addition, upon returning home my husband called La Quinta to lodge a complaint since the Manager in Williamsburg did not care, they told us to file a complaint online and were not allowed to speak with a supervisor on the phone.

If you're into bugs you will love this hotel, if not STAY AWAY!

If you're into bugs this is the hotel for you. If not, I would STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank traveloften73
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed July 14, 2011

My family and I arrived on Monday, July 11th and within 1/2 hour, my 5 year old son yelled "BUG" and I was not prepared for what I saw. It was the largest roach that I had ever seen in 42 years of life. I went immediately to the front desk to ask for another room and was given one. We had prepaid for 3 nights, so we slept with towels behind the door in our new room to be sure nothing else came through. The staff was nice and the location excellent; however, I am staying at a better hotel when we go back in September.

Room Tip: ask for a room not on the pet floor or you will be sleeping next to a barking dog
3 Thank 5inFamily_2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Saw a review that listed the hotel as 3 stars. Rates were low and thought wow 3 stars and what a deal. Never again will I stay at a La Quinta. Dirty and smelly! My daughter had a roach in her room. She also asked the cleaning staff to clean the night stand since it was sticky from the previious guest. They looked at her as if she were crazy, and did nothing. Seems they only change towels and sheets and do nothing else in cleaning the room. My floors were consistantly dirty. The elevator was the worse. Food stains on the floor and walls that were there day in and day out.

3 Thank FDocki
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 9, 2011

dogs everywhere. dog crap everywhere, watch your step! Inconsiderate guests don't clean up after their hairy animals or themselves at breakfast.

3 Thank mkr720
Oakland, California
Reviewed July 9, 2011

This could be a nice option for visiting Williamsburg. It's right outside Colonial Williamsburg. We stayed in a suite which is actually two adjoining roomswith the door removed. Not sure why they did not leave a door for privacy but that is the least of the problems. The room with the two beds was okay but the room with the fold out couch stank of mold. I suspect the difference was the older air conditioning unit in that room The couch was badly stained and when unfolded was totally dilapidated and uncomfortable. The response of the staff to our complaint a out the smell was a can of fabreeze. The place also generally looks bad - dirty carpet, chipping paint. There was also no blanket for the fold out and the tv remote was missing, though the staff did bring the blankets fairly quickly when we called and eventually got us a remote. Luckily we stayed only one night. Stay away if you can smell.

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank ashear
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Best hotel for the money. Walking distance to Busch Gardens & Colonial Williamsburg Historic District. Free breakfast, nice indoor pool and a GREAT staff. ALWAYS CLEAN.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple