“Quaint & Comfy”

Ranked #45 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
VA
“Quaint & Comfy”
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I booked a nights stay at this hotel thru choicehotels.com. I was initially a little concerned because of the room rate - was this a SAFE place to stay or not? After reading the reviews on tripadvisor I decided to give it a try. Glad we did! We stayed here one Saturday night while we attended a volleyball tournament in Williamsburg. My family and I were very pleased with our stay here. The hotel is a somewhat dated but has a nice aged charm about it! Everything was CLEAN! Beds were comfy--however would recommend you request additional pillows as theirs were somewhat flat (or bring your own). We will definitely recommend this hotel to others and will stay there again at next years tournament!
Safe Travels! T.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Two teens and I stayed one night for a sports tournament in Williamsburg. We weren't sure where we were playing when we booked the room but it was very convenient from just about everywhere we went.

I booked the room online thru the hotel website for $46 for a Saturday night. Called the day of to ask if I could check in early and was told it wouldn't be a problem. Check in was quick. Entered the room to find two queen size beds, a small table and two chairs, good size refrigerator and coffee pot. Lots of room outside the bathroom with a sink and large countertop.

Bathroom was immaculate. Beds were comfy, not cozy, could use new sheets and mattress pad but everything was very clean.

Called in the evening to check on the start time for the continental breakfast and since 7 am was our departure time for our tournament, Mr. Patel kindly offered to have it ready by 6:45 am for us! As promised, coffee was brewing and cereal, juice, milk, fruit, danish and muffins were ready at 6:45. He also brought out fresh donuts for us.

There is also an outdoor pool but it was still covered.

Would highly recommend this hotel to a family wanting to save money to spend on other things in Williamsburg. No frills, great staff, super deal.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank bdaygirl
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed April 21, 2010

This place was certainly not fancy, but the non-smoking room we booked was clean and quite. This is a motel with few amenities. Breakfast was included; limited selection - cold cereal, doughnuts, juice and coffee. The beds are not new or the most comfortable, but they did not impact a good night of sleep. The pillows had no loft to them at all – so you may want to ask for extra ones at check-in. This motel has 2 queen size beds in the room – most of the area hotels only have double beds in the rooms with two beds.

There is a train track across the street, but we only heard trains twice and they did not impact our sleeping. Staff was friendly and efficient. I probably would not want to stay for more than a night or two – but it served its purpose for the one night we were there. The rate was nearly 2/3 lower than the near-by Hampton Inn (although, I am sure Hampton Inn would be newer and probably more comfortable). It is close to all the Colonial Williamsburg attractions.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank mwtotten
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed April 15, 2010

We asked for a no smoking room. As soon as we opened the door the odor of cigarettes was horrible. We turned on the air which was a window unit stuck in the wall. Looked like it had been there since the beginning of time. It was so loud you couldn't think much less sleep. We weren't there two minutes when my husband killed a water bug climbing the wall by the bed. We had reserved the room and paid with a credit card so we felt stuck. Lost that money. We just got back in our car and drove to another hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed April 9, 2010

My husband and 2 kids (ages 3 & 6) just stayed two nights here and couldn't have been more pleased. The outside of the hotel is very basic and nothing to write home about, but the room was clean, comfortable and just what we needed for our 2 night stay in Williamsburg. It was centrally located to all attractions and to local stores and restaurants. The hotel owner, Sunny, was friendly and helpful. But the best part was the price - $35.96 + tax per night!!!! That was the AAA rate. I believe the regular rate was $39.99 + tax. You can't beat that! All we wanted was a clean, cheap place to lay our heads after a long day of driving and then another long day of tromping around Busch Gardens and this was absolutely perfect. I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone. The pool was not open yet so I can't speak to that, but everything else was exactly as I expected. Continental breakfast in lobby is basic - coffee, donuts, juice and cereal, but the rooms have a mini-fridge and microwave so that is convenient. Towels were basic, but sparkling white as were the sheets. The mattresses were comfortable, but the pillows were a little flat. The bathroom was updated and spotless. Like I said in the beginning, we couldn't have been more pleased.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank LuckyMomNewJersey
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Since 2002, I have gone to Williamsburg once or twice a year for leisure travel and have stayed at a number of the budget and mid-priced motels. After reading the Trip Advisor reviews for this one, I booked it for 3 nights even though it is a bit by itself on the east side. The exterior looks a bit dated but well kept. The room I had was large, decently decorated, very clean, quiet, and equipped with a refrigerator and microwave. The bed was comfortably firm. Sunny, the manager, was extremely friendly and helpful. Another guest who checked out just ahead of me told him that she would be sure to recommend the place to all of her friends at home in Pennsylvania. It's well worth considering.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Bruce RL
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Upon arrival we were a little concerned about the general appearance of the motel. However, we were pleasantly surprised and delighted at the room. It was very large and clean with a thermostat controlled heater and air conditioner that ran great and was very quiet. My husband thought the beds were firm. The bathroom & shower was great. There was a small table for two. It was quiet. The only negative critique would be worn carpet and furniture. I would definitely stay here again. It seemed to be a family run hotel, staff very nice and accommodating. Superb value!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple