All reviews room was clean christmas town bush gardens breakfast buffet early check no hot water days inn coffee maker family vacation volleyball
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The rooms are old and the carpets stained. The AC is some rooms dont work. They havent updated the hotel in over 20 years it looks like. STAY AWAY. I asked for a refund after they moved me 3 times and they wouldnt

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ThabetRizk, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Dear tlindsay2019,

Your feedback is so important to what we do each day. Thank you for reaching out through TripAdvisor. I want to apologize for your experience and would like to connect with you personally. You may reach me directly by calling 551-260-2325. I look forward to making this experience right with you.

Reviewed September 14, 2019

The room was very tight, covering of the desk chair was ripped at the headrest and on side. The toilet did not work well, poor drainage; the shower was a sprinkle at best, very little water pressure. The towels were skimpy. Stuffy room. I can understand wanting to conserve energy, however, it would have been nice if they could have turned on cooling maybe 30 minutes prior to check in time. The refrigerator was also off and took awhile to ramp up. Could they spare the 3 hangers for two people that was provided? The only positive was the great service and friendly manner of the breakfast room hostess!

1  Thank munchkinoz2

Dear munchkinoz2,

Your feedback is so important to what we do each day. Thank you for reaching out through TripAdvisor. I want to apologize for your experience and would like to connect with you personally. I will be back in the office on the morning of 9/30/19. You may reach me directly by calling 551-260-2325. I look forward to making this experience right with you, THANK YOU for your positive feedback on our Breakfast Service and our Breakfast room team members.

Reviewed September 14, 2019

We brought a large group booking 20 rooms. From reserving the room's to our stay itself we had the most all around great experience. The staff seriously went out of their way to make sure our group felt welcome. Starting from the top with the GM to group sales manager, the front desk staff to even those that serve us breakfast. The rooms were comfortable that offered everything you need like a refrigerator, microwave ect. Waking up to a nice hot breakfast and the hotel even sits on a great location to all the local attractions. No complaints here, I give this property 5 stars.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear AlmostHeavenTours,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to post a review! The team and I are so pleased to learn that you found our location and services, staff, Breakfast to be convenient for the purpose of your Group stayed with us.

It was indeed my pleasure to connect with you during your group stay, and welcoming your groups at the true spirit of Wyndham Garden Williamsburg.

We appreciate your loyalty to the Wyndham Garden Brand and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2019

I stayed at this hotel from August 31st-Sept 3rd and things started to be strange a few days before my check in i was charged 143.00 and i called to inquiry about it i was told it was a first night hold and that the only other charge i would get was for the remaining amount of my total of 338.61 i asked a number of time to confirm what i was told and it was repeated now when i got there and checked in another charge or 195.00 was charged which totaled the 338.61 which i was fine with , later that day i got another charge of the full 338.61 now my total charge is up to 677.22 i went to the front desk to address it and was told they reversed the charges for the amounts of 143 and 195 , during my stay it did not come off and i factored in the holiday for the time but i questined it again and was told it depended on my bank, so i checked out on the 3rd strated walking to my car and yet another charge of 338.61 hit my bank now im up to 1015.88 i went back to the front desk and was told it had to be a problem with my bank she didnt see the charges i showed her the transactions on my account which had the name and location of the hotel she agreed and told me i now have to call my bank i did call while still there and explained to my bank my issues i was told that someone at the hotel kept pre-authorizing my account for each day i was email an affidavit for the hotel had to complete in order to release the extra charges from my account i waited for an addition 30 mins or more for all this to happen as i lived out of town and should have been on the road back but this hotel overdrew my account and i need to get my money released, after all of this i was offered nothing for the troubles and over charges they placed on my account , but this was not the end two days after i got back home i found myself calling my bank again from work because the hotel again charged my account 338.61 again this is after the balance had already been paid and posted to my account i had to speak with a number of managers for 2 hours while at work to pull up the affidavit the hotel sent to again release my money that was wrongfully charged the stay has been a nightmare full of charges and i feel i should get at least some of my money back for all the stress and nonsense i had to go through the inconvenience and loss of my time having to address all of this the hotel didn't even send an apology or anything for it all very horrible experience

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Scenic219736
ThabetRizk, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Scenic219736

Thank you for taking the time to convey your thoughts on Trip Advisor. I was disappointed to read that your experience post stay communication failed to meet your expectations. I understand that we have been in touch and sorted the billing error during your stay with us and reconfirmation after your check out. We look forward to hearing from you as your feedback is important to our hotel. My cell phone number is 551-260-2325.

Reviewed August 30, 2019

We spent two nights at this hotel and have no regrets. It is very reasonably priced, includes a good breakfast (with hot and cold choices), free WI-Fi and free parking. It is indeed across the street from the water park BUT you'll still need to use your car to get there as it's a dangerous walk crossing the street, especially with kids or older people. The beds were clean and so was the room, halls etc. Nice lobby and dining area for breakfast. The help is friendly and accommodating.

We did find some mold in the shower area (ceiling and around tub faucet). Not a lot of it and no big deal. Our TV was problematic and had a mind of its own. After all day out and active the TV didn't matter much as we wanted to sleep rater than sit and watch TV. If I had it to do again I would go back to this hotel. No major issues at all.

Date of stay: August 2019

Dear BEESKY,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and taking the time to provide such a kind and detailed review of your visit! The team and I are thrilled that you enjoyed our central location and the hotel amenities and features. We of course have addressed your comments to concerned department. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!