“Just OK”

Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area
Ranked #43 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We got a good out of season online rate and had a good one-night stay! Would not recommend it for more days though. It needs an update - not just new layers of paint! The rooms are large, and provide a coffee maker, TV and free wifi. Complimentary breakfast is carb- and sugar loaded. All in all OK for the price! But not more than that!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
GM706, Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
doing wrong and how we can improve

Reviewed January 16, 2014

The weekend before Christmas, my husband and I decided to take an impromptu trip to Williamsburg, Va to shop, sightsee and relax. I booked our room at this hotel, and hoped for the best. There is another CI just blocks away that is brand new, so after figuring out where we were supposed to be, we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel has just been renovated sometime recently, the staff was very nice, knowledgeable about the area and always smiled. The rooms do not have fridges or microwaves, which was my fault, I am so used to booking at Comfort Suites, I expected that, however, this is a Comfort Inn. The location is GREAT as far as being central to all things. There is an indoor pool, but we never went to see it, nor did we go out in the rain for the breakfast. Rooms are very clean, beds and pillows were comfy, the window casing (the actual piece that holds the glass in) was broken in our room, but it was on the second floor, so nobody could come in through it. Our room was the very last one on the hall, and it was SO nice and quiet. We will stay here for one night trips again!

Room Tip: We had the last room on the 200 hall, it was in a little cove all to itself. I will request that one...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karen N
GM706, Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

doing wrong and how we can improve

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed in this hotel over the New Years Holiday. I did alot of research prior to our stay and just was not sure how it was going to turn out. As soon as we approached the hotel I could tell that we had made the right decision in choosing this location. It was in a central location to Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, Jamestown, etc. and was the best location for all the places we were going to try to see. The lobby was impressive and the staff was kind. We arrived a little early...our room was not ready (ok understandable). The staff did direct us to the Williamsburg Visitor Center to get all the information we needed. The room was clean. No refrig in room or microwave. Could have used the refrig since we where staying 4 nights (maybe I should have asked for one - but worked out ok). Overall I loved the hotel - the price was great - would stay there again. Oh yes - bonus - we got to see the New Years Eve Williamsburg fireworks from our room :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pamela G
GM706, General Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

On behalf of our entire staff I would like to Thank You for staying with us. We are glad your stay was up to your expectations. Comfort Inn team members strive to provide complete guest satisfaction to each and every guest.
We hope to see you on your next visit to Williamsburg

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean and staff was friendly. OK for a quick overnight stay, but would not use for extended stay. No microwave or fridge in room and breakfast seemed to be frozen food that they thawed before serving. I usually dont eat more than a bagel and yogurt at a continental breakfast so I wasn't expecting much, but the bagels were stale (my teenager wouldn't even eat it). Had to go outside to get to the dining room in the rain.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank aimmelou
GM706, Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve.
Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stayed here for four nights while in town for a work.nice place.comfortable and clean room.good breakfast -eggs,bacon,waffles,..great location and reasonable priced. Looks like it has been remodeled in recent months...

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank dreadermamba
GM706, General Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here over thanksgiving weekend while visiting family. The property was very recently renovated, is in an excellent condition and is well run. The stuff was very friendly and attentive, the room was beautiful, comfortable and had everything u would need. Location is perfect and convenient to everything in town. Despite the fact that u have to walk outside to reach the breakfast the food was very tasty and divers. My husband and I will certainly be back on out next trip to Williamsburg!!!

Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Lovehopefaith

to receive your kind words of praise

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for thanksgiving never again. No frig or micro in room breakfast is outside the hotel not in lobby. Put us in a room next to elevator heard every noise that came down hallway. Pillows in room too soft to sleep on. Not a good experience at all

• Stayed: November 2013