“Disappointed!”

Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area
Ranked #42 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The rooms were clean but a little small. The rooms do not have refrigerators or safes.
You have to get to the breakfast room by going through the indoor pool area which is hot,
humid, and the tile floors are soaking wet. Quite dangerous. Also, the lines in the breakfast room were horrific. While people were waiting in line, hotel staff were filling up plates and leaving the area. I was very surprised, as I have never seen anything like this done before. Liked the fact that it had a laundry room. Was absolutely appalled that each floor had a door leading to the outside of the hotel and you did NOT need a key card to get back in. Anyone could walk in off
of the street. The desk staff were very helpful and friendly. Our car battery died because we didn't realize that the lights had been left on in the van all night, and a very nice young woman who worked the front desk jumped our car for us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
GM706, General Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and that appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. Therefore, I'd like you to give us another chance by staying with us again during your next visit to this area.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

In older room outback of main lobby. While room was clean, there were no hangers for the closet. Some interior decor was old and stained. Good value for the money but the rooms if friends out front were much better.

• Stayed: August 2013
GM706, General Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

I'm concerned about the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
We look forward to serving your future lodging needs

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Overall pleasant experience at the Comfort Inn. When we arrived the staff was pleasant and quick. We went to our room which seemed a little warm so I turned the AC down and went to dinner. When we returned the room was still warm. Called the front desk and they asked if I wanted to change rooms. I did and the AC was much cooler in the new room. Pools were both very clean and not too crowded. The Spa wasn't very hot but it was OK. I guess with kids going in it that it was better to not be too hot. Grounds were very clean. The rooms are a bit small but kept nicely. Maid service was fine. Wifi was spotty at best but I didn't go on vacation to be on the internet all day. Overll good experience and I would recommend for a fair priced, clean hotel with great location!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the newer AC units.
2  Thank T S

We would like to thank you and your family for staying with us. Good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.Looking forward to serve your lodging needs in near future !!!

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the end of august 2013 and the hotel was clean. The staff where young but pleasant. They offered good advice for eating at local places around town. The room was clean but no microwave or mini fridge. Thank god the ice machine worked. The indoor pool was always packed but personally I would not go in it. Very small plus unhealthy looking. The outdoor pool had no one in it. Breakfast was always a zoo. Poor location ( next to the door)for the waffle maker and the really long line. Very good location to Busch gardens, colonial Williamsburg and water country.

• Stayed: August 2013
GM706, General Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed 1 night aug 18, sunday to go to busch gardens for the week. Check in was nice but should have checked the room before accepting it. No fridge, wifi was too spotty. Went downstairs to advise staff but they reassured it worked an gave me tech support to call. I didn't come on vacation to troubleshoot their Internet. I did call but no change. Advised staff but gave me the usual line. Ran into 3 other people who had same problem. also, was told they had discount tickets but could not get any. They said their server was not letting them get into computer to print. This was unacceptable as I called them in advance. Breakfast was good, busy, and the access there was not good, had to walk outside down the hall, walk through the pool to get in. Bad location. Also, the pool would be a safety concern, wet walking area. Also, didn't go to pool, no shower there, unsanitary. People should shower before entering a pool.
Some staff didn't know much, many young people. Tim was helpful on the night but with the Internet, was not.
Did get a discount for my troubles. Overall, I would not stay there again. I think they need better management.
Ever

Stayed: August 2013

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here at peak tourism season with my family. This Comfort Inn is very close to Colonial Williamsburg, and is not far from Busch Gardens, Jamestown, Yorktown, etc.

Our room was clean if a little small. There was no microwave or minifridge in the room. Overall the hotel was as clean as could be expected for such a busy time.

My advice would be to get to the breakfast early, particularly if you like waffles, as the line for waffles at peak breakfast hours was akin to the line for the Loch Ness Monster coaster across town!

The indoor pool and jacuzzi were nice touches, and the kids enjoyed swimming after a day sightseeing. We didn't go in the outdoor pool, though. From our vantage point in our room, it seemed a little green, so we stayed with the indoor pool.

As others have mentioned, the free WiFi was very spotty in our room.

Room Tip: Some rooms are open to the outside, and some are on interior corridors.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

The staff was friendly and the room was clean but small. We enjoyed the pool as it was large and warm. My mother in law and my son were both having a hard time with the Wifi. It was extremely spotty. To the point where my mother in law couldn't even use her computer. If you were on business that could be a huge problem. We were traveling through and wanted to get on the road early. We went for breakfast at 6:30 - right when they opened. At 7 when we left we said we were glad we were there upon opening as it was getting quite full. Overall, I would stay there again if passing through, but not for an extended stay.

1  Thank Klineyqueen
GM706, General Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Please accept my sincere apology