Clarion Hotel
Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$119
Official Website
$100
$80
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$74
$72
Hotels.com
$120
$109
Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$109
Hotels.com
The Historic Powhatan Resort(Williamsburg)
$81
$499
Official Website
$259
Autograph
All reviewsgreat weekendfront desk staffcolonial williamsburgconferencegame
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Our stay was just what we wanted and just great. The hotel - from public areas to our room - was in perfect shape and very clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. We had never stayed here before and chose it at the last minute due to location. We were very pleasantly surprised! We plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
FOM3032, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear Kerry Z,

I'm glad we were able to provide you with a quality stay that you deserve on such short notice. It's important for us to provide each and every guest with the same high quality product and service, no matter if they have reservations, or coming in last minute to book a room. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay and look forward to having you back as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We always stay at this holiday inn when in Williamsburg, This time we were disappointed and will not be returning. We have no complaints with our room. It was clean and well kept. We were awakened to the fire alarm on the first morning of our stay. Don't know why just that we had to evacuate the building. The fire escape that we used had NO lights between the 3rd. and 4th. floors/ The rubber treading was also missing on one of the steps. They do not provide complimentary DE-cafe coffee only regular. On the floor where we stayed(4th) there was a pizza box and wet towels blocking the entry way for the stairs which we had to use since the elevator was out of service.

1  Thank John L
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Dear John L,

We certainly appreciate your continued patronage over the years. I'm very sorry you had multiple difficulties during your stay this time. It sound as if you have stayed here on several occasions, so you are familiar with the product and service we offer, I assume that is why you have returned to us throughout the years. I am truly sorry for the inconveniences you faced this time, but as I have stated in other posts there are some things that are out of our control here such as the fire alarm going off and the elevator issue. If someone chooses to smoke in a nonsmoking room which causes the fire alarm to go off, there is not much we can do to prevent that, we have to follow procedure which is to have the fire department come out to ensure there is no fire, this is for you, our guest's, safety. We do offer both varieties of coffee, if there was none provided in the room of a specific type we would gladly have someone bring you some. We never like to lose a valued guest, and hope if you return to the area you give us another chance to continue providing you with the quality you have experienced here in the past.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

3 day stay for training class held in the hotel. Room was comfortable, clean and well equipped but lots of things were broken. I am on the 3d floor and 2 of the 3 elevators is out of service. It appears they have not worked for some time, judging from the signs on the doors. My desk chair was broken. It tilted to the right and the height was not adjustable. They brought me another that did not tilt but it still did not adjust and I feel like I am sitting in a hole. The florescent tubes in the bathroom did not turn on and needed to be replaced. How could the person cleaning the room not notice this. Both problems were fixed within one hour. The phone did not work (no dial tone) and the person at the desk recalled that this was a old problem and offered to change my room. I declined because I seldom use the house phone. The "high speed" wireless internet did not work at all for the first hour and after that was as slow as dial-up. I had long forgotten how frustrating it is to use such a slow connection. It improved somewhat later in the evening but it is obviously way overloaded. No power outlets near the desk that were not in use and no power strip to provide more. Fortunately, I carry a 6' extension cord. I plugged it in in place of the desk lamp and plugged the lamp into my cord. The brand new flat screen TV only receives analog channels. Why did they bother to replace the old one if they weren't going to get HD service. Everyone looks short an fat on a stretched screen of an HD TV. I considered moving next door to the Motel 6 for half the price but it may not be any better. Avoid this place if you can.

Room Tip: Stay on the 1st floor. Don't plan to use the internet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fsdukejr

Dear Fsdukejr,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Unfortunately an important part went out on the elevator during your stay that needed to be special ordered. I can assure you it was just as aggrevating for hotel staff as it was for guests, especially when the part finally came in that the elevator company ordered, and it was the wrong part. These things do happen and I appologize. Just as with the light bulbs in the rooms. A housekeeper may have checked everything in the room a day earlier, only to find the next day two bulbs have since blown out. Also while your conference was here was when we actually had the digital channels installed, so you might have noticed a change in the programming shortly after you wrote this post. I'm sorry you had these issues during your stay, however like I said since your departure all of the things you had mentioned have since been remedied, and we gladly invite you back to check for yourself anytime.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

My one and only stay ever at this hotel. Be warned this is a pet friendly hotel (they do not seem to advertise this so it was a shock) and we had to step around dog droppings in the elevator for 2 days) It took 4 rooms before we found one we were willing to stay in at all. First room had a busted fire alarm hanging from the wall, second room had a dog barking nonstop next door, third room smelled like an ashtray even though it was a nonsmoking room. Beds were lumpy and old. Front desk was nice enough but cold not do a whole lot based on shape of the hotel. I had prepaid my stay and could not cancel or I would have changed hotels. Unless you want to sleep with the dogs... avoid this one.

Room Tip: to get a good room.. stay somewhere else.
1  Thank Norm K

Dear Norm K,

I'm sorry you were not made aware that we are a pet friendly hotel, to my knowledge it is pretty well advertised through multiple online sources. During a busy travel time such as this many people do travel with their pets and we offer them a lodging option. Unfortunately some people do not have the respect for other people to clean up after themselves and there pets, while this is a much deeper issue, I'm very sorry you had to encounter such a problem in our hotel. For the amount of guests we have that bring their pets we are usually very conscious of everything and keep everything very clean, I'm very sorry for this misstep in your case.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights early June 2012, checked in late on Thursday hoping to catch the rest of the NBA playoff game but found the lounge closed at 9 p.m. so went to the room to watch it. When I walked in the room I was shocked at the condition of the room considering it was a full service Holiday Inn. It definitely fit in "COLONIAL WILLIAMSBURG". The wall paper was ripped loose from the wall to the right of the TV half way up the wall. The drapes had holes in both shear and one of the heavy. The only good thing I can say about the room is the beds were comfortable. The room smelled like an ash tray so maintenance brought up some spray to mask it. It smelled like someone was smoking marijuana on the floor. We went down for breakfast Friday morning and there were a lot of high school kids having breakfast so the room was full but the breakfast buffet left a lot to be desired for a full service hotel, Holiday Inn Express has a better breakfast and it is FREE. On Saturday morning we had to be at a meeting early so went to breakfast at 6:45 and they were not open till 7. A few days after I checked out I went back to the hotel and spoke to someone at the front desk about the condition of the room showing them the pictures of the room. I received a call from I think a manager that apologized for the condition of the room and I was given 2000 Priority Club Points......had I not been so tired the night I arrived I would have went some where else. This property needs to do some serious updating to get out of the COLONIAL PERIOD !!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Indy_Fan_Man

Dear Indy_Fan_Man,

It dissapoints me to hear you had so many difficulties during your stay. As a sports fan I understand your trying to catch the game, unfortunately though more often than not, it is not worth it for us to keep the bar open past 9PM during the week until we get into the middle of summer and much busier during the middle of the week. We are currently in the process of upgrading all of our shears and drapes, I'm sorry you were inconvenienced by a room with some that needed immediate attention. We are a larger hotel, so we do have the ability to house multiple groups at any time, and we do our best to prevent overlap of groups having there breakfast, again I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. I am truly disappointed about how your stay went and can assure you we will do our very best to improve ourselves were you to ever decide to stay here again.