“Sleeping in jackets”

Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area
Ranked #68 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Checked in earlier today and noticed the heat in the bedroom side wasn't very warm. It was set at 86 and was on. Let front desk know at 3. Came back at 8:15 and it was still cold. Went to front desk again. Kate at desk was wonderful and she tried to help us. Sent maintenance up who got to the room before me. He entered the room with my three children(2-teens) being the only ones in there. They gave us keys to the room next door but even after running the heater in there for 15 minutes it was blowing cold. At this point no other room was offered or other solution. We saw no point in mooving to another cold room. And i didnt want to make up another sofa bed in a new room that was just as cold. I have a travel clock with thermometer and it reads 63. Keep in mind maintenance set the heat to 86 and the fan to on and high. Living room side is 70. We are sleeping in jackets and using our sleeping bags we keep in the car. Rooms are a nice set up and basically clean for the price. I guess heat is optional. Hope the owner will speak to us and refund part of the room cost..

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Westfamilyx6

Reviewed December 26, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
deedee p, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed here several days a year ago. Good stay, the new? owners were working to update the property at that time. I guess things get really used heavily here in season because the room we have now still needs work. Sink will not drain...takes minutes, the faucet to sink needs a set screw, it just sort of swivels around freely for awhile....it is 40-46 degrees outside and heater runs constantly to keep up....security latch on door smashed shut so you cannot use it.... and worst of all, I could not bring a cup of coffee back to my room to drink...go figure. I thought I was saving them money by not using the maker in the room. The price for the room is really inexpensive during late December, so I guess I should not be too picky. If I had my tools with me I could likely repair most things in an hour or two. I'm also spoiled because I just spent 4 days at an exceptional Best Western Plus in Wilmington NC!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
deedee p, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for your continued stays here at Travelodge Inn & Suites. First I would like to thank you for your patience while we continue to update Our property. This is a constant ongoing process. I have addressed these matters and concerns with both our housekeeping staff and our maintenance staff, Thank you for bringing these things to my attention.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
deedee p, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
deedee p, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
deedee p, Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013