“Ok for the money.”

Ranked #68 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed December 26, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
deedee p, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed here several days a year ago. Good stay, the new? owners were working to update the property at that time. I guess things get really used heavily here in season because the room we have now still needs work. Sink will not drain...takes minutes, the faucet to sink needs a set screw, it just sort of swivels around freely for awhile....it is 40-46 degrees outside and heater runs constantly to keep up....security latch on door smashed shut so you cannot use it.... and worst of all, I could not bring a cup of coffee back to my room to drink...go figure. I thought I was saving them money by not using the maker in the room. The price for the room is really inexpensive during late December, so I guess I should not be too picky. If I had my tools with me I could likely repair most things in an hour or two. I'm also spoiled because I just spent 4 days at an exceptional Best Western Plus in Wilmington NC!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
deedee p, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for your continued stays here at Travelodge Inn & Suites. First I would like to thank you for your patience while we continue to update Our property. This is a constant ongoing process. I have addressed these matters and concerns with both our housekeeping staff and our maintenance staff, Thank you for bringing these things to my attention.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
deedee p, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
deedee p, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
deedee p, Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The lobby was nicely updated, but that's as far as they got when they improved this property. There was 1 very nice lady at the desk checking people in, but there should have been 2. There was always a line of at least 3 or 4 deep whenever I walked through the lobby. The room was still 70's decor, which I can live with when i'm by myself. The issues is that many items were in need of significant repair. Many electrical sockets were broken, some hanging out of the wall. It was obvious the shower curtain had be repaired many times and was just barely hanging on. The toilet seat wasn't on tight and was tied on with some kind of plastic part. On a positive note, the bed was very comfortable, but it looked like they put new pillow-top mattresses on but didn't buy new bed sheets because they didn't fit. I was alone on business this trip. If my wife had been with me I would have gone to a different hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

First I would like to thank you for the feedback. I have taken the steps to have my maintanence man go through each room and check both the electrical outlets and the shower rods in the rooms. We are working hard to complete the room renovations, some have already been completed. Again, thank you for bringing these things to my attention. I look forward to accommodating your future stays in Williamsburg.