“Rooms are disgusting!”

Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area
Ranked #68 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here in July 2012, when I brought my son and his friend to Williamsburg to go to Busch Gardens. I was hesitant at first because I don't usually book rooms that are 3 stars or less (poor quality). I figured that it would be ok this time since we were staying only 1 night before heading on the rest of our trip. It looks old from the outside, but when you walk into the lobby, it looks newly renovated. Pretty wood check-in desk, very nice stone/slate floor, and nice furniture. We got there two hours early for checkin, but the front desk attendant told us our room was ready and he would check us in. We got in the room, which was very old, with two very old full-size beds. One of the box springs was ripped wide open and you could see inside of it. The walls were dirty and had stains and drip lines running down them. The shower had mold, and a spider was living in the top corner. The bathroom door would not shut all the way. I was told there was no other room we could move to. I was too scared to look for bed bugs, and I slept with my head at the foot of the bed because I was afraid something would crawl up the wall and fall on my face. I could not wait to leave the next morning. I wish I had taken pictures because you wouldn't believe it!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have stayed here twice. Rooms have been nice. Staff very nice. Could use a little more updates in the rooms but overall nice hotel for the low price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I booked this hotel online for 5 nights after being told that it was newly renovated. We arrived @8pmFriday and were shocked at the horrible condition of our room. Dirty carpet, beds that looked like a mack truck parked on top of them. Disgusting bathroom and sink. My husband killed a 3" bug on the wall. Unfortunately we were stuck here for 1 sleepless night but cancelled the rest of our reservation. I spent the night wrapped in my own sheet from home and still had bites on my ankles. My poor daughter slept in her hoodie and got bit all over her body, she suffered with cortisone for days. Someone banged on our door during the night scaring me and my kids.The kicker was that we paid $65.+ for this dump. Beware of this place future travelers.We ended up at the Country Inn & Suites down the street which was A++5*.

Room Tip: go to country inn & suites instead and save yourself a headache!
Reviewed July 12, 2013

First of all, the only reason this hotel deserves 1 star is the lady at the front desk was extremely nice and hospitable. But as my girlfriend and I walked into the first room, we were hit in the face with a musty stench. As we walked into the bathroom we saw there was mold growing. It wasn't just a little bit, it was everywhere like this place hadn't been cleaned for a month. Ended up getting another room, which was just slightly better. There was no refrigerator and there were cob webs in the dresser. So we had to go to Big Lots across the street to buy a cooler, and figured we'd pick up some clean sheets while we were there. The only saving grace about this place is Hooters right next door, which is where I'm getting internet access from because apparently they don't have that either. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra $20-$30 a night to stay somewhere else. This is the worst hotel experience we've ever had.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family