Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area
$100
$80
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$74
$72
Hotels.com
$120
$109
The Historic Powhatan Resort(Williamsburg)
$92
  • Pool
$132
$119
Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$109
Marriott
Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$119
$170
Williamsburg Inn(Williamsburg)
$499
Official Website
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We came in from Ohio to meet my sister from Las Vegas. I was instantly disappointed. Somethings I can handle others I can't. We stayed here for 1 week. On the day we got there we noticed that the floor was not damp but SOAKING WET due to a leak. I notified the front desk. WE WERE NEVER OFFERED TO SWITCHED ROOMS, This was on a Friday. We did not get a floor dryer in our room until Tuesday when I told them something had to get done. I was drying the floor with my own personal fan. A lighter was left in my room from their maintenance crew which my 2 year old grabbed. House keeping is a joke. They really need to learn to clean and make beds they leave cleaning supplies and chemicals all over the hotels. They shut down both stairwells at my end of the hotel (hello fire hazard.) The lines at breakfast is insane. The ladies that works it takes their sweet time and never has it stocked. We always took our food back to our room due to not enough seating in the dining area. Most of the staff is friendly. But the manager is friendly to your face but will lie behind your back to cover her own butt. I had to call the corporate office. Due to my luggage being damaged. They can't do anything because this is a franchise. The franchise will do nothing because he doesn't want to. My daughter also left her leap-pad there and they aren't willing to return it. The owner of the hotel told me that if it was such an awful hotel I should have left. I told him we tried to but there was NO HOTELS AVAILABLE and my sister was in from Las Vegas. The owner told me he would call me back. That was 2 weeks ago. I am yet to hear from him. I have left him several messages he is not returning any of them. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I do NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO MY WORST ENEMY. Oh the heated pool is NOT HEATED at all. It is so cold that my younger kids couldn't go into it. Thanks for ruining not only my luggage, stealing my kids leap pad but ruining my vacation.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Daisiesforu
HMPHotels, Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

We appreciate when all of our guests provide feedback on their stay; we strive to provide an economical stay at a hotel that is clean, comfortable, and strive to provide this for all guests who stay with us. Most guests who stay with us finds that to be the case, however, on occasion our attempts to go above and beyond to satisfy a specific guest can be meet with rejection, deception, and misinformation. The recollection of the events as they occurred differ from that what was posted, however, we understand this forum is about opinion and despite our efforts to ensure all guests who post ‘play fair’ we feel the forum can sometimes favour those wishing to state information regardless of validity or not. With that said we would like all future guests of our hotel to know that we work to accommodate all guests and in this particular case we will state simply that based upon this guests complaints we: replaced all seals within the room plumbing (while they were on property) for which the guest received discounts of stay, our Chief Engineer made a mistake and left a lighter and called the guest (while on property) to apologize profusely for making mistake with the lighter (for which guest received discounts off stay). In addition any claim against damage to personal property is important to us and we investigate to the highest level, however, in this incident despite our attempts to ‘view the damage’ we were never given that opportunity to see or “make it right” and regarding the personal property; we are a hotel dedicated on serving and maintaining existing and future guests. Upon several inspections by our housekeeping, onsite management, and ownership we were unable to find any electronical device of any kind; if one of our guests should leave something in the room it is our policy to return as soon as possible. Again we are in the hospitality business, not the video game resale. Our ownership took it upon themselves to be honest with the guest indicating our willingness to compensate (several room discounts through stay) and to have a conference call with our onsite management and ownership. This is not common in our industry; however, we strive to give all guests their opportunity to discuss their stay with management and ownership. In this case a conference call was conducted between management, ownership, and the guests and following the completion of that call it was understood that all outstanding issues were satisfied. Despite our efforts whilst the guest was on property, in the end, this travel site forum allows postings that are invalidated, irrelevant, and stray far from the actual events. Never the less we have a side and have stated as such, we appreciate the opportunity to respond and look forward to serving the 99% of our guests that enjoy a clean comfortable stay and a great price in Williamsburg, VA.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We were looking for an inexpensive hotel for one night in the Williamsburg area, just to get some rest after a long day driving and sightseeing. We planned on leaving the next morning to continue our vacation, so we were not looking for anything extravagant. The Travelodge had a room available, king size bed, $66, sounded like a great deal. We were very satisfied with the size and condition of our room, the bathroom was clean, shower was remodeled and spacious. I liked the large vanity in the bathroom to put on makeup while my boyfriend showered and shaved. Our room was quite large, there was a pool available, and it was literally just minutes from Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens. The hotel offered a free breakfast that including coffee and Belgium waffles, all smelled delicious. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CB-Hernandez
HMPHotels, Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear Cynthia B,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. We appreciate guest feedback. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Travelodge Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic Area

Reviewed July 13, 2012

This COULD be a nice, economical hotel. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite make it. First, I need to say we are not a picky family. I am easy to make happy. We travel frequently and knew when we booked this hotel it was not going to be a five star resort. We were simply looking for an inexpensive hotel for a family get-away.

The positive - Great location. Central to everything. Pool was nice. Staff was mostly friendly.

Everything else (the not so positive) - We booked a suite for our family of 5. The room was adequate. However, the maid service doesn't seem to have it all together. Some examples: suite for 5 but we get towels for 2 - this happened a couple times , when asking for towels for our room and/or the pool we were told told "the laundry isn't done yet" (that was at 5:00 PM), the sleeper couch had one sheet and no pillows - When we asked for them we were told "the laundry isn't done yet...", one day they didn't make up our room or provide any towels - when we went to the front desk upon our arrival back at the hotel around 10:00 PM they had to search for towels (I guess they were still laundering them...), when my son dropped his wallet and bent down to pick them up he found a used diaper under the TV stand.

The breakfast is bascially non-existent - a few small muffins, juice, cold cereal, a few apples and oranges, bread and jelly, a waffle maker, coffee and tea (sometimes).

The staff is all very kind and apologetic, however, they don't seem to understand the need to do it right the first time so they aren't required to always apologize!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TiredDad3
HMPHotels, Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Dear TiredDad3,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are sorry for the inconveniences that you incurred in your room, and at breakfast. We are so sorry for that. We appreciate your feedback. We appreciate all guest feedback it allows us to make the necessary improvements to our hotel to make it better for you and for future guests to the hotel. We apologize and will pass the on to the staff so we can make the improvements needed. Thank you for staying with us.

Travelodge Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic Area

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We checked in at around 4pm on 6/30/12, they had assured me by phone that the 3 rooms I asked for would at least be in the same building. They were not and only 2 of the 3 were non-smoking. So then they agreed to move us around and get us in the same building. BUT then while waiting for over an hour to check in by now the other clerk booked one of our rooms for someone else! UGH, we had just drove through a 4 hour traffic jam in Roanoke, Va due to the power outage and we just wanted a room. Then when we did finally get our rooms which they upgraded to suites for 2 of the 3 rooms, the fridge/microwaves that I paid $5 extra per day for were only in 2 rooms. They did credit me one night for $11 to fix that. But it was literally one issue after another the whole first day. The place was clean, I'll give them that and the pool was nice but it should be open later since there is no lifeguard on anyways! Then on day 3 we came back from being out all day and a housekeeper had left our door open ALL DAY LONG!! I immedisately called front desk and I was told a manager would call me next morning when she came in. She didnt call me so I called her and she credited 1 night off the room and said that she was so sorry and she spoke to the housekeeper and again was so sorry. The breakfast area was way too small for the amount of rooms that it services and need more food out. On one morning I stood in line for 20 minutes to make waffles all while listening to a crazy lady behind me complain that people should make 1 waffle and not more. Then when I attempted to make 2 waffles the woman (psycho) stole my waffle and took off! It was 9 am and no more waffles could be made. I told front desk as she walked by them and they said nothing they could do but they would bring me more batter. REALLY?? She stole my waffle I mean what is wrong with people? It was upsetting the front desk claimed could do nothing or say nothing to her. The WHOLE breakfast area saw her rob me and they did nothing! I could really go on and on for days. I feel bad for woman who runs it, she tries her best but things are just sub-par here and she tried her hardest to make it up to us but all in all we will NEVER stay here again. We would rather pay a little more and get ALOT more. Also housekeeping was constantly short towels, maybe they should buy some more, then only 1 washer/dryer in whole place with no a/c in that room! It was 115 with heat index!! HOT HOT HOT!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kim N
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Should have know when we tried to check-in that it wasn't going to be the best experience. Took them nearly 30 minutes to determine if a room was available for us. When we were finally assigned a room, the housekeeper was still in the room. Not quite sure what she was doing in there, because the room was not really that clean. Over the course of our 3 night stay we encountered several different issues, from a "not so clean room", to having to call for towels/sheets/wash clothes/toilet paper, etc. When you contacted the front office regarding any of these items, we were told we could come get them ourselves. Our breakfast experience was pretty much the same as others have reported, very little room and even fewer food options. We opted to skip breakfast the 2nd and 3rd mornings because it was so poor! Will not stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear 49288Momof2inNC,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. Thank you for telling us about your concerns. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We use guest feedback to make the necessary changes to our hotel to make it better. Again we are sorry. Thank you so much for your time.

Travelodge Inn & Suites Willamsburg Historic Area