This COULD be a nice, economical hotel. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite make it. First, I need to say we are not a picky family. I am easy to make happy. We travel frequently and knew when we booked this hotel it was not going to be a five star resort. We were simply looking for an inexpensive hotel for a family get-away.
The positive - Great location. Central to everything. Pool was nice. Staff was mostly friendly.
Everything else (the not so positive) - We booked a suite for our family of 5. The room was adequate. However, the maid service doesn't seem to have it all together. Some examples: suite for 5 but we get towels for 2 - this happened a couple times , when asking for towels for our room and/or the pool we were told told "the laundry isn't done yet" (that was at 5:00 PM), the sleeper couch had one sheet and no pillows - When we asked for them we were told "the laundry isn't done yet...", one day they didn't make up our room or provide any towels - when we went to the front desk upon our arrival back at the hotel around 10:00 PM they had to search for towels (I guess they were still laundering them...), when my son dropped his wallet and bent down to pick them up he found a used diaper under the TV stand.
The breakfast is bascially non-existent - a few small muffins, juice, cold cereal, a few apples and oranges, bread and jelly, a waffle maker, coffee and tea (sometimes).
The staff is all very kind and apologetic, however, they don't seem to understand the need to do it right the first time so they aren't required to always apologize!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary Brick Motel Centrally located in Williamsburg. We have standard 2 queen bed rooms, 2 double bed rooms, single king rooms and our 2 room suites. Our property consists of 2 buildings with 3 floors and an elevator for your convenience. We also have an outdoor pool, volley ball net, picnic tables and a grill for guest use. There are several restaurants within walking distance to us. We are located 2 miles (7 minutes) from Colonial Williamsburg, 13 miles (22 minutes) to Historic Yorktown, 8.3 miles (22 minutes) from Historic Jamestown and the Ferry, 8.2 miles (12 minutes)to Busch Gardens, 7.9 miles(13 minutes) to water country, 2.9 miles(10 minutes) to our Premium Outlet Mall. We look forward to Accommodating you during your visit to Williamsburg, VA ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic Area Hotel Williamsburg
- Travelodge Inn And Suites Williamsburg Historic Area
- Travelodge Williamsburg
- Travel Lodge Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Travelodge
- Williamsburg Travel Lodge