“More than expected”

Ranked #2 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
Fort Worth, TX
“More than expected”
Reviewed June 27, 2010

After much research on Trip Advisor, we deciced to stay at Ford's Colony while in Williamsburg. We were very happy with our choice. The property is secluded and lovely. Our 2 bedroom villa was large and comfortable. It was clean with a large, well equipped kitchen, The master bath with whirlpool tub was a nice surprise. If my sister could have put the king mattress in the car, she would have. There are lots of scheduled activities and 2 outdoor pools. There is maid service every day. Be advised that the internet service is very slow. If you use the computer/printer in the lobby, you will pay 4.95/15 minutes. We also couldn't get cell phone service in our villa. We had to walk outside close to the parking lot to get service. There are not bell hops. You must unload/load your own car. There are carts in the buildings but they are not always available. I was wanting to extend our stay by 1-2 days. I called the front desk and was transferred to Marriott reservations. I remained on hold for 8 minutes. THen the advisor said I had to make an entirely new reservation and change rooms. She couldn't tell me whether or not the room I was currently occupying was booked for the next 1-2 nights. I was very frustrated and hung up. I called the front desk again and asked if there was any physical way for them to tell me if the room was booked for the next 2 nights. He told me know. At this point, I was so angry that I gave up. It would have been nice to stay a little longer to see more of the area. Overall it was a good experience, but they really need to make it easier to stay longer. Mapquest directions send you to the service entrance which you cannot enter. Call the front desk ahead of time and they will give you an alternate address which takes you to the front.

1 Thank Coolergirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed June 18, 2010

We stayed here between trips to Busch Gardens and to Great Wolf. I booked based on Tripadvisor reviews and this place lived up to every expectation and then some. Lots of activities, even on a Tuesday night (at one pool - there was a band and steamed shrimp available to purchase by the pound at reasonable rates)- the pools were great, and the room (we booked a 2 BR condo) was spectacular. Lots of room - two huge BRs and baths, and a full kitchen and living room. Washer . dryer included. All the supplies we needed (soaps, paper towels, etc). Beds were super, super comfortable. Master BR had a very large, deep jacuzzi tub. I cannot say enough positive things about this place.

4 Thank lapradem
Texas
Reviewed June 16, 2010

My daughter and I stayed here while touring around Williamsburg and enjoyed the comfy beds, pool and small kitchen. The kitchen has dishes, coffee maker, and microwave, NO cooktop, but that was o.k. for us. The distance to Colonial Williamsburg of 20 minutes was not a problem for us.

3 Thank dlbaker21
Rolling Fork, Mississippi
Reviewed June 15, 2010

The compound was wonderful. We had a two bedroom, two bath condo. There was a large common area with a modern, equipped kitchen and a wonderful screened porch. We spend much of the days in Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown - and looked forward to returning to the peace of Ford's Colony in the late afternoons.
The pools and basketball courts were great ... and always some planned activity going on for the kids.
We adults especially enjoyed sitting on the screened porches, cooking on the wonderful gas grills, and walking the trails at dusk. We also we able to relax knowing that the kids had some freedom to enjoy their activites in safety.
I highly recommend this facility. My description doesn't do it justice.

4 Thank EDLHM
Hong kong
Reviewed June 10, 2010

We stayed here for a night mainly to see colonial williamsburg the next day.
The resort is spread over a vast area and everyone in the family can have a great holiday doing whatever activity they like the most.

Our check-in was quick and efficient. There is convenience store off the lobby where you can buy some basic stuff like bread, crackers, frozen food, noodles, detergents etc. It also has a deli, pizza hut express and a starbucks. A door from here leads to a pool.

Rooms were of a good size and offer a view of trees outside and privacy too. The rooms have a kitchenette, so you have a microwave, coffe-maker, mini-fridge, crockery, cutlery, a kitchen sink.

Beds were comfortable.
Free wi-fi. A large LCD TV in the room with DVD player.

4 Thank Seabirdie
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Stayed at Ford's Colony the first week of June. We were in the Jefferson Manor on the 3rd floor in a two bedroom unit facing the golf course. I had asked for an updated unit close to the pool. We were two buidings from the pool which was fine. Our unit had white appliances and formica counters which I wouldn't call updated, but it was clean and had everything we needed. They do not provide a midweek cleaning unless you pay for it. We had a TV in each bedroom as well as in the living room. I would suggest that they add a piece of furniture for one to rest their feet on in living room as well as addiing hooks in the bathrooms to hang towels. We enjoyed our stay and if in the area again would stay again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank The-ZsOgden
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Our family traveled 600 miles to visit Williamsburg and to stay at The Marriott Manor Club and it was worth the long trek. We stayed in a one-bedroom villa, which was spacious, elegant, and immaculate. We had a well equipped, full kitchen and appreciated that amenity. My only complaint about the kitchen was that the first coffeemaker did not work. I called and a replacement was delivered in less than an hour. However, the second coffeemaker was "used" and did not brew tasty coffee. It was disappointing to me that the resort didn't provide good quality coffeemakers as coffee is important to us.

The grounds are absolutely lovely -- lots of flowers, walking trails, all very clean. Our kids enjoyed the outdoor pool and there's also a playground for young kids.

Overall, this is a fantastic place to stay and we'd return.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family