We just returned from a week at the Marriott Manor Club and loved the resort. We were there off-season (10/29-11/5) so did not get to enjoy the pool, but we walked the entire grounds and everything looked inviting and well-kept. It's located on a golf course (though neither of us are golfers) so the views are lovely.
We stayed in the older part of the resort and contrary to some of the reviews I've read here, we found it to be quite nice. We walked through the new section and it appeared too hotel-ish for our taste - long corridors with door after door. The older part has more of a "manor" feel to it w/o looking or feeling old and tired. As you can see from the pictures, it's quite well-kept.
The only thing I would have changed is to have a bit more thickness in the sheets and blankets. We had a hard time getting the thermostat set to our likeness and found ourselves chilly often at night. A bit thicker blanket would have solved things!
The only reason I gave this an "above average" rather than an "excellent" is because we didn't get to check out all the amenities so there are some things I just can't speak to. But as usual, we are very pleased with the Marriott. They've yet to let us down!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Villas set in Ford's Colony community; minutes away from Williamsburg, Busch Gardens & Water County USA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Manor Club At Ford`s Colony Hotel Williamsburg
- Marriotts Manor Hotel
- Marriott Vacation Club Williamsburg
- Marriott Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Marriott
- Marriotts Manor Club Fords Colony