“Spring Break with Granddaughter”

Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony
Ranked #2 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We did an exchange again at this lovely resort. We were here about six years ago and loved it. We exchanged again and it was even better than we remembered. The Jamestown addition is just lovely and we had a beautiful view of the pool area from our third level suite. The grounds are immaculate and so was our room. Our 10 year old granddaughter was with us and enjoyed having her own spacious room. The movie night was an enjoyable addition!

Room Tip: Jamestown on the 3rd floor for a lovely view of the pool area.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Joined friends here for a week using their vacation club week. Wow! Kitchen had minimal essentials but worked fine for the 4 of us, although a corkscrew would have been welcome, luckily we had one. Dining table was a good size with a glass top - easy to clean. Living room had nice size TV as well as a DVD player which we used several times to play some of the historical DVDs purchased at Jamestown & Colonial Williamsburg. For March it was still very chilly so we took advantage and used the fireplace which had a timer to turn it off after 30 minutes.

Off each side of the living room was a short hall with a bedroom on one side and bath on the other. Door to each side closed off the rest of the apartment, making for very private areas. Bedroom had 2 small but very sufficient closets, a TV, dresser and radio/alarm clock. One side had the washer/dryer in it and a normal bathroom nicely appointed while the other side was considered the "master" bedroom with a very elegant bathroom - separate shower and tub. Beds were super comfortable - slept great every night.

Ford's Colony provides some type of entertainment every day/evening. Wine & cheese tasting, Name that Tune, movie night with complimentary popcorn, etc. The game room was quite active - air hockey & other games being enjoyed. Some planned daytime activities as well but we were never there. Also haunted walk tours some evenings. We didn't take advantage of the pools but saw plenty of people who braved the chilly walk back to their units who had enjoyed time in the heated pool.

The location is convenient, grounds are very well kept, with wildlife taking advantage of the bird feeders; and there is a small convenience store where you can also rent a DVD. Staff are all friendly and helpful.

Our unit was 243, in the building right next to the main lobby. I have no hesitation in recommending Fords Colony to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Booked a villa last minute as a halfway point to my next stop. I had no idea that it was a resort and was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. Room was amazing, full kitchen, fireplace, and comfy bed. The grounds are well manicured and added to the feel of the place. Worth every penny! I plan on coming back for a longer stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed two nights, primarily to have a day at Colonial Williamsburg. The Vacation Club property was very well located for Colonial Williamsburg as well as many of the other of the area's attraction.

The local setting is excellent in an area of exclusive homes and a golf course. Residents of the villas can use the restaurant and tavern at the golf club house. We had take out pizza from the clubhouse, which was excellent and very reasonably priced.

Check-in was efficient and very friendly.

The villa was excellent. Two full bedrooms with ensuite baths and a pull-out sofa in the living room. There was a full kitchen with sufficient equipment to tackle most meals if one chose to eat in. There were gas grills handy to each building.

The beds and linen were to the normal high standard of the Marriott Vacation Club properties.

As spring had not fully sprung, the gardens were a little bare, but the beds and lawns were groomed and ready for some warm temperatures to bring out the grass and flowers.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Al G
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for your positive review Al! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the resort's close proximity to colonial Williamsburg and the luxury villas. We look forward to your next visit to Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The resort was absolutely beautiful. We had a one bedroom villa. The villa was spacious and very clean. They had pretty much anything you would need in the kitchen. However, we did encounter one snag during our stay. I always bring my own bath sheet (one of those huge towels). It was a Ralph Lauren, not new, but not ragged either. On Sunday I hung it on the back of the door in the bedroom that leads to the bathroom. When we returned from our day's activities, my towel was gone. Apparently, the housekeeper took it with the other towels. It was clearly NOT one of their towels. It was a different color and much larger than any of their standard towels. I immediately called the front desk. They told me they would have housekeeping keep an eye out for it. When we checked out on Wednesday morning, my towel had still not been located. I asked the girl at the front desk, DJ, what happens if it's not located and she said nothing. I said are you kidding me and she shrugged her shoulders. So basically, they will not reimburse me for the loss. Really? It's not that the towel was worth $100, because it certainly wasn't. I would expect for me to purchase a replacement towel and send them the receipt. I know this sounds very funny that I'm complaining about a towel, but it's more about the customer service in response to it. Their housekeeper took it. My rating would have been a 5 had it not been for this incident!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank LJCraw

Thank you for visiting Marriott’s Manor Club at Ford's Colony. While we are happy you enjoyed your stay at the resort, we apologize your towel was misplaced. We would like to learn more about the situation and invite you to contact our Customer Care team at Customer.Care@vacationclub.com or at 800-860-9384. We look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I booked this room based on reviews alone. We decided to come down to Williamsburg for a 5 day trip, spending 4 nights here in a one bedroom villa.

The location is perfect, the grounds are really beautiful. From exceptionally friendly staff, a myriad of amenities and more, this place was perfect.

Our villa was pristine. Incredibly clean, spacious, fully stocked with pans and dishes, coffee and more. Laundry machine in the room even came with Tide packets. Not to mention dish soap, diswashing detergent, rolls of handtowels, garbage bags...it is like being in your own home.The bed was so comfortable,we hated to get up in the morning. The in-room jacuzzi tub is an added topping of perfection, not to mention dual vanity areas, which was a big plus for his and hers. The private balcony which is enclosed is perfect for winding down at night also.

There is no doubt that this location is well worth every penny and we will most definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CFS16

Thank you for your five-star review of Marriott's Manor Club at Ford Colony! We are happy to hear you had an excellent four night stay. Our team looks forward to your next trip to Williamsburg!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This time around we had a much more enjoyable stay with plenty of hot water. We checked in with no delay and immediately headed to our 1 bedroom villa. The accommodations were very nice, good sized kitchen, granite countertops, nice appliances. Plenty of room in the living area for two kids and two adults. We had a gas fireplace and a screened deck to enjoy as well.

Bedroom had a comfortable mattress, jetted tub, separate vanity area for getting ready that was connected to the single bath.

The pull out sofa was a really nice surprise, very very comfortable. Kiddos did not complain at all about sleep and even slept in!

The game room we were looking forward to but found many of the games missing pieces etc. Be aware that pool, air hockey, etc all cost money. My kids still really enjoyed the space and if you have a large group it's a fun place. They were remodeling the "Cellar" so game nights etc. had to be hosted in the lobby which was quite snug. It will be nice when that area is open once more.

Our kids enjoyed the kids night out with two other children, it was reasonably priced and there were three staff members for 4 kids.

Fords Colony is a good jump off point for Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, the outlets, Jamestown Settlement and anything else you want to do.

For breakfast try Duck Donuts, Aromas and Victorias rather than the tourist traps. My kids LOVE the chocolate chip pancakes at Victorias. The coffee is bad there though so get a coffee at The Coffee House in the same shopping center and bring it with you, it's been there since I was in grad school.

At lunch hit the Cheeseshop, make sure you get the sauce on yours and watercress, there is NO lettuce. Pauls deli is also another good lunch/dinner bet, I went there for old times sake. Dog Street Pub is a newer edition we enjoyed, although hubs and I went just the two of us I'd feel comfortable in a booth with kids.

All my recommendations above are places you can take the kids, I'll put a few more on Yelp for dinner.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family