“Perfect Family Vacation Villa and Property”

Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony
Ranked #3 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We recently stayed at the Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony outside of Williamsburg, VA. I am not a Marriott Vacation Club member and booked this vacation through my Marriott Rewards Elite Membership so I was pleasantly surprised that we were not pressured to attend a timeshare presentation at this facility! Check in was quick, the front desk staff were very pleasant, and our two bedroom villa for a family of six was amazing! The villa rooms were large with all the comforts of home, the master bedroom had a king bed, a large screen TV, lots of closet/dresser space, whirlpool tub for two, double sink, and a separate shower area with a privacy door. Another smaller bedroom with a king bed, large screen TV, and private bath area was located on the opposite side of the living/dining rooms. The living room had a queen pull out sofa bed too. The villa also had a full kitchen/patio/and full size washer/dryer. We stayed in the Governor's Commons which is right next to the bike rental, main reception area, and indoor/outdoor pools/spas. This resort also had a larger splash pool area within walking distance. Our granddaughters also enjoyed the playground/bike rental/activities room and large checker/chess game located close to the splash pool. A 54 hole golf course is located on the property for the golf enthusiasts! This resort was perfect for a family vacation with beautifully manicured grounds, lots of activities, and very friendly resort staff. I would highly recommend a Marriott property for excellent service and accommodations and we will stay at Marriott's Manor Club again whenever we vacation in the Williamsburg, VA area!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank McKatz
Write a ReviewReviews (1,461)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night in August - in route to Outer banks. Perfect space for family of five ( we had a one bedroom). The pool was a wonderful area, close to our building, complete with a kids' splash area. Will return again!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Manor as an exchange for our time share. I did appreciate the cleanliness, location, and the spacious room. The free parking was convenient. The pools were also enjoyable and close to our hotel. We had great weather to add to the warm night air in which to go swimming. We purchased a 3 day pass for admission into Colonial Williamsburg. It was worth the trip! Loved the ghost hunting. We also saw the NASCAR Sprint Cup Race in Richmond. The Confederate White House is also worth seeing. We didn't mind driving to visit local restaurants. The food was excellent. However, I did not like having to pay extra for room service to clean my room. Also, I wish I didn't have to call to get clean towels everyday or to remove the garbage. Plus, it was rather noisy- because you could hear the guests above walking/running around. But, all in all, it was a nice stay and we had a care free week. I just wish the 'extra' fees were included in the price we paid for the exchange initially. I would stay there again. There was so much I didn't see and places I want to see again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JulieKaz
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family just spent 2 nights at the Manor Club and had a great time there. We normally stay in nice hotels or rental houses and I was a little We had a one-bedroom room with a full kitchen. The kitchen had nice stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, coffee pot, and a good set of pots/pans, cutlery, and glasses. We were very impressed with the kitchen. The king-sized bed in the bedroom was very comfortable. The jacuzzi tub was clean and worked well (the kids tried it twice). The kids (ages 5 & 7) slept on the pull-out-couch. This was my biggest worry when I booked the room, that the pull-out would be too uncomfortable for them and they wouldn't sleep. But this couch had a fantastic, thick foam mattress. Two adults could easily sleep well on it. The screened in balcony is a bit awkward because you are staring at a wooden bar going across but it was a pleasant enough place for my wife and I to hang out after putting the kids to bed. We were very impressed by this room, especially since it was only $200 a night. I gave it 5 stars because of the value it offered for the price. I don't think it is fair to compare it to a $600 a night room but this is definitely a 5-star $200-$300 a night room.

The property is beautiful. There are at least 2 outdoor pools each with a large hot tub and one indoor pool. The pool closest to our room had a pool bar that made tropical drinks for $8.50 each. On Thursday night they inflated a blow-up movie screen and showed a Disney movie at the pool starting at 8PM. We are planning to go back next year.

Room Tip: We had a room in the 2400s. This is close to the outdoor pool that shows movies and has a pool bar.
1  Thank GGG1228
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place is located in a very nice and spacious area of Williamsburg. The options may actually be a bit overwhelming. Travelling with a six year old this is a very good place to be. Plenty of choice with regard to the swimming, lots of room in the suite.

The biggest drawback for me was that the room was very dark because of the huge trees in front of the main window. Now to keep out the heat that is not such a bad thing, but it really was VERY dark and if the weather hadn't been so beautiful and we would have been stuck in the room, I imagine this not to be so wonderful. However, the cleanliness of the units was outstanding and the kitchen was well equipt. As a couple, I would go for a more romantic place, but with kids it's great! We didn't try the food on site.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SwissEmgem
Reviewed September 1, 2013

our one bedroom, located in the Jamestown common building was spotless, (and I am very picky).
All furnishings looked new, beautifully decorated, gas fire place, great kitchen stocked with every utensil u could possible need (most looked brand new or like new) including the fridge and in room washer and dryer. The in room jacuzzi was amazing.
All service was great, maid etc.
there were daily activities for kids - Crafts, ice cream games, and adults - cheese and wine tastings....we didn't participate in the many activities, too busy, but we did do the "dive-in" movie at the pool and my 8 year old daughter loved it. They put up a huge inflatable screen at the side of pool at 8:30 pm we saw Epic.
Defiantly get the 7 day pass for Busch gardens worth every penny! We also had 3 day pass for Williamsburg. You will need this as not all attractions are opened on the same day.
At the absolute best is the GoApe tree top and Ziplining literally down the road. They have a new corse for kids! It was fantastic and highly recommend .
This hotel was conveniently located to all attractions and great restaurants. Try Anna's brick oven pizza for a great Italian meal!

3  Thank Ellen D
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed for 10 days in the building called the Federal Commons in a nice one bedroom. I think our only minor complaints were a hard mattress and a lack of parking otherwise, our stay was just what we were hoping for at a Marriott resort property.

I've read review where people talk about rooms not being up to resort standards, but this was not our experience. The staff was friendly and fun to interact with.

The resort is quite isolated which gives it a nice remote, rural feeling. The only downside is that there are no restaurants that you can get to without a few minutes in the car. There is a small "Marketplace" on site that serves limited food options. It was surprisingly good for what they offer - but for fine dining, you'll want to go for a drive!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple