“Love it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 78 Hotels in Williamsburg
Maryland
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Wow is all I can say. I am a very loyal Marriott customer (to the points my family/friends know I will not stay in any other hotel) and I have stayed in a lot of Marriott hotels/vacation clubs over the years - but this one caused my jaw to drop when I walked through the front door. The room/living area is very well done! I think it also helps that this resort is very new.

Bathroom is beautiful, and we have a 2 person bathtub that I LOVE. Bed is very comfortable - and we have a full kitchen! We are in a one bedroom villa - which is nice if someone wants to sleep and someone wants to stay up (writing a trip advisor review.). We are about 10 mins from Colonial Williamsburg. At first you will feel like you are in the middle of no where... But very quickly you realize you are not far from the main attractions. There are several pools, 2 different work out rooms and a TON of stuff that the resort offers for you/your family to do while on the grounds. This is great for a family. This is a wonderful place to stay - we will be back! Good Job Marriott.

Helpful hint - make sure you get the directions from the hotel website for GPS - or you will get frustrated with GPS as it brings you to a back service entrance and you have to keep driving another 5 miles to find the main entrance. Totally our fault, Marriott tells you very clearly what address to use for GPS.

2 Thank Vacationgirl76

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Williamsburg, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

A top notch Marriott resort in Williamsburg, Virginia. On premise restaurants and golf in Ford's Colony. Convenient to Colonial Williamsburg and other Historic Triangle attractions. Well maintained propert and service oriented staff. Great for families and couples.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roy F
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

A beautiful area about 8 miles (20 minutes) from the Colonial Williamsburg historic area. This Marriott property is also a convenient base for exploring Jamestown, Yorktown and the plantations along the scenic drive to Richmond. The grounds and the common areas are well maintained, and the staff is friendly. We were a bit disappointed in the size, floor plan and soundproofing of the 1 Bedroom Guestroom, which was sub-par to other Marriott properties where we have stayed in the past. We also had an issue with a spare pillow needing a clean cover, but the staff was very apologetic and prompt in taking care of the issue.

Room Tip: I would strongly recommend that you stay in one of the Villas and only use a Guestroom if you have r...
1 Thank FJP-TEX
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband, daughter (10) and I stayed here for four nights while doing a tour of Jamestown, Williamsburg and Yorktown. I was a little concerned beforehand for a few reasons but upon check-in, everything was perfect! We were in a one bedroom villa, across the street from the check-in area. It was all brand new! I must add that the pull out couch bed was the most comfortable I have ever felt. My daughter was thrilled with it. The only complaint would be that they did not have enough bedding for the pull-out-only one thin blanket and when I called to request a duvet for it as well, I was told they were all being used. That sounded a bit strange to me, but housekeeping did bring over a few more blankets so it was fine. I loved the screened in porch overlooking nothing but trees. The pool at our complex was closed, a bit of a bummer, so we went over to the main complex. It was quite crowded, and surprisingly small, but it worked for our daughter. The marketplace was sparsely filled with items. Definitely do not rely on that for any food but we stocked up before arriving. It was an excellent stay and would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank odie1
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

When i think about Williamsburg, I think relax and refresh and the Marriott Manor Club certainly fills the bill. It is a beautiful and well-kept property in the middle of a golf course and upscale community of lovely homes. These are timeshare villas, mostly 2 bedroom, 2 bath models. They have all the amenities you would want in a home away from home like a full kitchen, a living room with TV and a fireplace, large bathrooms including a Jacuzzi in the master and screened-in decks or patios. The grounds are immaculate and the facilities include gas grills, an indoor and outdoor pool, an inviting walking path through the nearby woods and a concierge with lots of ideas of places to visit who can get reservations for you anywhere. There are a number of activities daily for families who just want to hang out. The only blemish we found was that the furniture in the room was looking a little ragged and needs to be replaced. Overall, we had a great stay and would recommend Manor Club to anyone, especially families with kids.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank casallese
Northwestern PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We arrived at the property in the late afternoon, and two desk clerks were on duty One was on the phone and the other helping another customer. I had to wait but not a terribly long time. We were checked in and sent to our room. I am a Gold Rewards member and on my profile I ask for a room near an elevator since my husband has difficulty walking after two back surgeries. It was obvious after we took our luggage and walked the ENTIRE length of the building that no one paid attention to this request. We were given the room as far as possible from the entrance and elevator. There was absolutely NO WAY my husband could do this.

I called to the front desk and spoke to Courtney was rectified the problem immediately (by the way he was not the clerk who checked us in). Courtney sent someone over with the new keys to the new room and that person helped us move our luggage.

The room was clean and well maintained. This property is older but very well kept. Only issue with room was there was no dish washing soap left when it was cleaned so I couldn't do the few cups and plates we used. This was not one of the villas but regular room with small kitchette - more than adquate for our needs. Cleaning staff did leave the dish soap the next day so there was no problem.

I loved the hotel but it is a bit far from everything. Not really a problem to us but it might be to some. We got a recommendation from Courtney for dinner (he is an asset to Marriott) and had a wonderful dinner. Lovely two day stay.

1 Thank Lovinlife1245
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Readers please realize this is a time share property so do NOT expect restaurant service availability. This is a typical classy Marriott property- beautifully appointed suites with all the amenities you could ask for. The grounds are immaculate. There are names on many of the plants/trees ( helpful for "out of state" people who are interested) Special rates at an adjoining golf course. Most accomodating and friendly staff. Situated in a "country residential" area- Nice to walk or jog around. We met some friendly residents who gave us some excellent restaurant recommendations. BBQ's are the best of any Marriott property we have been to. Our only slight disappointment was with the pool area. There is a small indoor and outdoor pool at the main building. The other pool was not open yet. We enjoy the hot tubs at the Marriotts but this one only had one VERY small one- probably a 4 seater. However, there is lots to see and do in the area and we will definitely return

Room Tip: Always ask for a balcony if you want one, just in case there are suites without.
1 Thank 14bosley