My husband and I are Marriott timeshare owners in Myrtle Beach and exchanged our week to stay in Virginia. We have 3 boys (11, 13, 15 at the time of our stay) This hotel is on a great location. It’s in a residential area with a golf course on one side of it. The all-brick main building and some of the others make you feel like you’re walking on a little colonial street. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The grill area was clean and there was a basketball court and other things for kids to do.This hotel was very close to all we wanted to see. We visited Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, Jamestown, and Yorktown.
Unfortunately, there is no restaurant on the grounds. This is my reason for 4 stars. There is a little shop/convenient store near one of the pool areas that had munchies and drinks (maybe even prepared sandwiches.. I can’t remember). We stocked up on food at a supermarket and made good use of the outdoor grills and our kitchen.
Prior to our trip, I saw a review that mentioned how small the washer and dryer were compared to other Marriott timeshares…. Very true! This meant more loads which was more time-consuming, but it didn’t affect our stay. It’s good to know though so you’re prepared.
To summarize, we were very happy with our stay. The rooms were spacious and clean and the locations beautiful. We would stay there again.
Tip: Try to avoid summer travel and go fall or spring. We were there July 24th to August 3 in 2011. It was as high as 102F when we were there and the pool temperature read 92F!! We couldn’t believe it. Cooling off in the pool doesn’t happen. We swam a little in the evening and it felt like a bath tub.. still fun though.
Yorktown: We ate at the Carrot Tree Restaurant on Main St. and were pleasantly surprised by the delicious food (limited menu, but interesting choices).
Busch Gardens: It’s VERY worth buying the drink that comes with a refillable cup (souvenir cup). On a hot day, you’ll spend a lot of $$ on water and spending a lot of money on the first drink to get the refillable cup was well worth it… free water refills all day. We wished we realized this on the first day. We did a two day pass so we could come two ½ days and avoid the hot hrs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Villas set in Ford's Colony community; minutes away from Williamsburg, Busch Gardens & Water County USA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Manor Club At Ford`s Colony Hotel Williamsburg
- Marriotts Manor Hotel
- Marriott Vacation Club Williamsburg
- Marriott Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Marriott
- Marriotts Manor Club Fords Colony