My husband and I stayed at Ford’s Manor using our timeshare exchange (Interval International) for a week from Friday August 10-17, 2012. We were pleasantly surprised at the spacious rooms and living areas of the two-bedroom unit. We invited my brother and sister-in-law to stay with us and it was plenty of room for everyone to have their own privacy yet, not get in each others’ way when we socialized in the living area. The living room led to a very nice screened balcony that overlooked the pool area and beautiful gardens. The grounds are immaculate and well-kept.
The bathroom in the lock-out was spacious, with tub/shower but awkward entry door. The master bedroom has a Jacuzzi and vanity powder room area while the master bathroom has a shower and vanity. Nice beds, very comfortable with lots of fluff.
This was our first visit to Marriott’s Ford Colony Manor and it was an enjoyable and we would definitely return now that we know how to get there. Getting there was a bit tricky; not something you want to do at night. We had a hard time finding it even with GPS.
Easy check in/out; our guests were allowed to check-in before we arrived. The full kitchen, laundry room and other amenities created a home-away-from-home coziness for us all. Food Lion and Target are close enough for grocery shopping. We went to Busch Gardens, drove the beautiful tree-lined Colonial Parkway to Yorktown, went to downtown (historic) Williamsburg, the Water Park and very disappointed to see the deterioration of the President’s Park. What a beautiful waste! We were shocked that the Park was closed. We’d heard so much about it from friends that had visited it. The restaurants along Richmond Road that we visited: Olive Gardens, Red Lobster and IHop all have good food and service. The Cracker Barrel on ByPass Road is like walking into a western outpost; so many lovely things to choice from. The meal was good also.
The areas surrounding are quite accessible and easy to find. We went to Busch Gardens, and lots of merchants along the main street; Richmond Road. We were there for a weekend family reunion, but stayed for the entire week. The surrounding areas are nice, clean and friendly. The resort has an extremely relaxing atmosphere and we enjoyed our stay
The only con is the fact that you have to pay $35 for a “straighten up.” Otherwise there is a carpet sweeper and broom in the closet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Villas set in Ford's Colony community; minutes away from Williamsburg, Busch Gardens & Water County USA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Manor Club At Ford`s Colony Hotel Williamsburg
- Marriotts Manor Hotel
- Marriott Vacation Club Williamsburg
- Marriott Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Marriott
- Marriotts Manor Club Fords Colony