“Quiet, beautiful, classy, and clean. Loved it.”

Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony
Ranked #2 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Our family takes every opportunity to escape to Disneyworld, but this Easter was different--we wanted to get away, but also wanted something within driving distance that would still be sunny and warm. We had never been to Williamsburg, but decided to try it based on the experiences of friends and family. It was fantastic.

We knew we were on vacation as soon as we turned into Ford's Colony, which is a beautiful country club community of homes, condos, and the Marriott community. The front desk experience was excellent, and we were delighted by the number of activities going on all week--movies in the Show Time theater, s'mores night, arts and crafts--our daughter commented, "I like that they have activities...it's like a cruise ship!"

The villa was beautiful. You can see by the pictures how nicely appointed it is, but what you may not know is that the villas (at least in our experience) are silent. We could tell that our building was inhabited based on a full parking lot, but we never, EVER, heard any other residents! Not a door slam, not a loud conversation or TV. We also spent every morning on the screen porch which overlooked the woods. We watched the trees sway and listened to the birds sing--it was idyllic, and as far as we knew, we were totally alone!

We will definitely return...maybe even when school lets out in a couple of months. That's just how nice it is.

Room Tip: We were in the Federal Commons Building on the even number side that overlooked the woods--no parkin...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SteelCityCampbells
There are newer reviews for Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony

Reviewed April 4, 2012

We honeymooned here many years ago and thought it would be fun to take our small children there in subsequent years. Our most recent trip was last year and once again the place was great! The rooms are fantastic. We have stayed in almost all of the buildings at this point and each offers its own unique appeal. The tennis courts and outdoor grills make for a relaxing experience and the different pools (to include on that is inside) are great. The proximity to Colonial Williamsburg, the Yankee Candle store and Busch Gardens is also wonderful and its just a quick jaunt over to VA Beach. If you like golf the course is a must! We also experienced the spa on one occasion (my wife) and she had nothing but good things to say about it! Definitely will be going back again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank culverhill
Reviewed March 30, 2012

My family and I travel to Williamsburg several times a year. It's been a great weekend getaway with our young children. The first few times, we stayed an a different, more expensive hotel. (That place was fantastic as well but... I'm focused on Ford's Colony right now) I wanted to book a weekend and the rates were so high that I looked around and found Ford's Colony. Wow am I pleased that I did! What a fantastic hotel.
We stayed in a 1 bedroom. Very clean and convenient. Nice kitchen making it easy to have breakfast before heading out for the day.
Gorgeous facilities. We loved the outdoor pool. It was open until 11 pm which made for a fun "late night" swim at 9 pm with our son.
The room was quite large. We had a pull out sofa which was very convenient. The staff was very helpful and made sure that we had everything we needed. Loved it so much that we are going back next weekend. Can't wait!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ChristiL625
Reviewed March 29, 2012

The Manor Club is exceptionally maintained and decorated, and the staff extremely helpful and friendly. The two bedroom villa was larger than my house with enough closets to hide family members. They emailed me ~ two weeks prior to arrive to ask our anticipated arrival time as well as if they could accomodate any requests or special needs. First time that ever happened. We asked for a noon check-in, and it was ready. Amazing. The only disadvantage is that the only eatery in walking distance is the Marketplace (a small deli/convenience type store) located off the main lobby of the Welcome Center, and the restaurant at Ford's Colony Country Club. The grill at the Country Club was nice for lunch and the main restaurant was excellent, but expensive. The main area of Williamsburg dining on Richmond was about a fifteen minute drive.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ColumbiaSue
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This resort appears to be a time share managed by Marriott. It is in a golf resort setting close to the club house, and about a mile off a secondary road in a development of luxury homes. Its a very quiet location with many Virginia pine trees. There are a number of three story buildings with rooms and apartments. The central building holds the reception, a well appointed, but small free gym, a spa, a very small indoor pool, whirlpool, convenience stores and cafe that had a limited menu. There is an outdoor pool next to the reception, and a much larger outdoor pool across the street. There are outdoor tables and gas grills scattered around the compound. Also tennis courts. The room was large with a very high ceiling and sliding door (even on the upper floors). There was a sofa and a small table with two dining chairs, but no desk, desk chair or easy chair. Room has a safe that was big enough for two laptops -- good wifi. Small kitchen type area with under counter refrig, large coffee maker, toaster, microwave. Everything needed for simply meal preparation and eating. Limited coffee and creamer. Might want to bring some extra if you are staying for a while. Also, bring something for breakfast or settle for limited offerings at cafe.
If you are going to arrive after dark, make sure you know where you are going. The sign for the entrance to the development is hard to see in the dark.
This location is about 15 minutes from historic Williamsburg, so it may not be the first choice if you are only visiting historic Williamsburg, but its great if you have a little more time and are planning to visit the scenic Colonial Parkway, Yorktown, and Jamestown -- all well worth your time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank aDCtraveler
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I have stayed at many Marriotts for I myself work for Marriott...my experience with this one is the lost & found. Not only did it take from the 11th til today the 26th for someone to call me back but it was only after I called the front desk several times. My return call was to tell me that my gold rings 3 have not yet been found! they was left by the bed and I call back the same day I checked out.How could they not be found? Im truly hurt for they ment so much to me,no money can replace them.I will call back every day I want them back! I guess thats why they have a safe in the room,plz people use it........ ms livingston

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank bigZ l
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We traveled to Fords Colony over the New Year. Rooms were spacious, clean and quiet. Williamsburg is about a 10-15 minute drive. There is shopping nearby. Indoor pool, lots of walking trails, golf course, patios. A very nice property! Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms that are close to the golf course are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family