All reviewscracker barrelgolden corralwafflesroom was cleancolonial williamsburgindoor poolfront desk staffbudget hotelcontinental breakfastlight sleeperthe breakfast areawould stay here againnice breakfastcomfort innclose to busch gardensup to datecoffee maker
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We had the bad luck of coming down here during a blizzard. Because Virginians don't seem to know how to get rid of snow and ice, or just don't have the equipment, the roads were hazardous almost all week. And this place didn't even shovel in front of entrances. Their main entrance was an adventure negotiating.

As for the place itself, we were a bit disappointed. The room was not as clean as it could have been, and the beds weren't very comfortable. The room was also pretty small and bare bones.

As for the pool, the roof was leaking into it, so we passed. The exercise room had a few machines, but was adequate for a quick workout.

Actually, we pretty much got what we paid for, since this place was incredibly cheap. However, for a couple of bucks more we could have stayed at the Comfort Inn, a really nice budget place.

Despite the poor driving conditions, and the disappointing accommodations, we still had a good time shopping in the area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2011

The rooms are nicely decorated and furnished. The rooms and corridors could use some comestic repairs. The beds slept well enough but they either need to be flipped/turned or replaced. They serve breakfast (no meat) and their is an indoors pool. My son stated it was decent but he did see some mold in areas. The parking is more than ample and it is in a quiet area. My major concern is the housekeeping. They do not do a good job of dusting. There was dust on the top of the television, the light fixture on the wall and the headboard. They do not use gloves when they clean the bathroom including the toilet. They do not brush the toilet bowl. They use face clothes for cleaning...including the bathroom. It was a decent enough stay but would not stay again.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed November 13, 2010

I went to Williamsburg for vacation in November of 2010. Sleep Inn is perfectly situated between Jamestown and Yorktown, and quite close to Colonial Williamsburg. It is @ 1/2 mile from Colonial Parkway, which links jamestown and Yorktown passing very close to Colonial Williamsburg. Rooms are clean, motels i quiet and the staff is very polite and solicitous of guest needs. Nearby are a Golden Corrall, and Cracker Barrell. Less than half a mile away is US 60, which looks to be a main drag. I didn't go to any businesses on US 60, but it looked have one of everything as far as eateries and stores. I thought it was well worth the money, so much so that I am planning to return to see more attractions in the area in the late winter or early spring.

The room was large for a budget motel, with a nice and spotless bathroom. When I was there during the week and in the off season, there were only about half the rooms being used. I guess it could get a little noisey during the summer, I don't know. I DO know that I loved it and plan on returning in a few months.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank catonsville
Reviewed August 27, 2010

After a horrible experience at a Choice hotel in Wilmington DE the second night of our road trip I was ready to cancel our reservation for our sixth night, a stay at this Sleep Inn. I'm glad I didn't as it exceeded our expectations.
There's nothing fancy about this place but we felt like we got much more bang for our buck than many of our other stops. First off, Catina at the front desk is a sweetheart, give the woman a raise! A deluxe continental breakfast is included, a savings of about $20, I figure. The pool was warm and relaxing, free use of the lobby computer allowed me to check Colonial Williamsburg information, the bed was comfortable,parking was steps outside the door, and the guest laundry came in very handy and was quite reasonably priced. Good location in the historic district and a five minute ride to the Yankee Candle shop (thanks, Catina!). Plus, how can you go wrong with a Golden Corral restaurant in the adjoining parking lot?

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank frostbird
Reviewed August 18, 2010

dirty room, rug, bathroom ,toilet, finger nail clippings on the floor next to AC, nasty linens with stained and holes in them. sheet was never changed just flipped over. food in refrigerator from previous guest. requested and changed bed linens and clean the tiolet myself. Friendly staff, though. had 3 small kids, didn't want to change room, so i clean it myself.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family