“Great for the price”

Ranked #38 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Rockingham, North Carolina
“Great for the price”
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was recently remolded and it looks nice inside and out. Is it perfect or on the higher quality end of a remolded, no. The hotel was clean and the room didn't have any serious issues with things being broken or cleanliness. The hotel staff were very friendly and gave us a later check out time for no up charge. The night clerk was Ty and she was very nice and helpful. The breakfast was nice but nothing to write home about but there are sooo many breakfast places with in walking distant of this hotel. There is a Denny's,Cracker Barrel, and a Golden Corral literally within a baseballs throw from the hotel. The only negative I can say is that the freezer had a hair inside and the rooms are small but nicely decorated. Another issue is the water smelled a little bit like natural gas but seemed to lessen as the water ran. No there is no bath tub just a shower but honestly who likes to take a bath at a hotel? Gross lol. If you want a nice hotel for a fair price in a good location then this is a great place too stay.

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Queens, New York
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel for our family vacation. We had 3 rooms and every room had a different problem. The hotel workers were not as nice as they could be.
First thing when you walk in the front door the look is updated and new.....The smell is not. It smells like mildew (they have an indoor pool and I would think the smell was from that except that it smelled that way through out the hotel). The breakfast area is right in front but it is extremely small. probably about 8 tables mixed of 2 and 4 seats. If there are 2 large families in there no one else will be able to sit. The breakfast itself was nothing to brag about. Powdered eggs, sausage, mini muffins, 2 flavors of yogurt, make your own waffles. The juice machine had orange juice, apple juice & water none were cold so needless to say it was terrible. There were workers in the breakfast area the whole time but not supervising the kids that were taking handfuls of yogurts and condiments multiple times. They also end thier breakfast promptly at 9:30. We were still eating and they were spraying the tables with cleansers and putting the chairs up. Not fair to the people who are still eating or having coffee to be smelling cleansers. It was only a few mins after the 9:30 ending time.
The rooms were smaller than a normal room. The beds advertised that they were queen size....they were not queen. They were full size beds. The beds themselves were extremely uncomfortable. They felt like they were very warn in. The mattresses need to be updated.
The bathrooms were small only the toilet and shower with a pocket door the sink was on the outside of the bathroom. The bathroom had a bad smell to it and the smell in the shower was worse. It also needed updating a coat of paint would be nice. There were several things the housekeeping did that was not right. They left the used soap in the shower and sink after cleaning it, one of us asked the woman the first day of our stay (she had no idea who we were, she was just seeing us for the first time) if we could use the bathroom while she was cleaning the room. We had gone out and came back. She said sure. We left something on the dresser and she asked us why we were leaving something there. She asked us to take it with us. We had to explain to her that she was cleaning our room. So in other words she allowed someone she didn't know in an occupied room to use that bathroom. I know myself that there is no way o would be comfortable with that if I knew it was happening. Needless to say we did not allow housekeeping back into our room for the rest of our stay. I'd rather have an unmade bed then a stranger in my room.
The door that we used on the side of the building clearly stated that you needed a room key to enter after a certain time, this was not true. The lock was broke anyone off the street could enter at any time. Where was the safety of the guests.
The last night of our stay the noise level above us (we were on the 1st floor) was terrible. It was also very late at night to be hearing such noise. I went to the front desk and spoke with an older male working he said he has numerous complaints already and he had just spoken to the mother regarding the noise her children were making. I told him I'd give them to 11 if I still heard the noise I was coming back to tell him.
I waited until a little after 11 and went back to the front desk, there was someone different there I explained the issue to her and even had her come down to our room to hear the noise. You were able to hear it outside the room and in the other room we had next door (and obviously another room as well since there were other people complaining besides us). After some more complaining the woman told the guest on the 2nd floor she was coming up to see where the noise was coming from, the front desk woman never followed up with us to make sure the noise stopped, as she was too busy dealing with other noise complaints about the people down the hall who were playing music loudly. After midnight the noise finally stopped. But not too long after 8 am the noise from upstairs was back and louder than the night before. When we complained to the manager on duty he simply said there was nothing he could do about it. So basically we are paying customers and our stay and comfort did not matter at all. We had to ask for some money back he never offered to give us any kind of compensation. We had 3 rooms and he only want to give us $25.00 back. That's night even 1 nights stay for 1 of the rooms!
I feel that if a customer is not satisfied then you try to compensate them some how. He simply said sorry have a nice day.
There is no way I'd stay at this Sleep Inn location again, nor would I recommend it to anyone I know traveling to the area.
The prices were affordable but the accommodations absolutely sucked ! Spend a little more and get a nicer hotel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank dsny4evr
elkridge
Reviewed August 8, 2014

This Hotel was a Very Pleasant Surprise..CLEAN…Great Free Breakfast..Great Staff including the GM, Peter who always had a SMILE on his face…Will Recommend this Hotel to all who are visiting the Williamsburg Area…

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Husband and I stayed here for a one night getaway. Front desk staff was very friendly. When we checked into our room, we found out the AC wasn't working so the nice gentleman at the front desk came down and reset it for us-all was good! Bed was very comfortable. Room had a microwave, TV, refrigerator. The decor was updated and I particularly liked the art work above the bed. They serve breakfast but with Cracker Barrel so close(within walking distance) we chose to go to Cracker Barrel. This hotel is close to Prime Outlets, Yankee Candle, Colonial Williamsburg and lots of eating choices! Would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor and had no trouble with noise from the outside or inside. Our room...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Nolensville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is definitely an older building but the recent updating is complete and we thought nicely done.

The rooms were clean and had VERY comfortable QUEEN size beds which was a great plus. The color scheme and furniture were very nice too. The room included a microwave and refrigerator. The entire hotel is now Non-Smoking which is important to us. We did have a couple of maintenance issues in the bathroom (loose toilet and a seat that would not stay up for my boys ages 7 and 9) but they were taken politely and seriously by the front desk staff and presumably corrected. The staff was friendly and helpful.

The 2 things you might like to know are that the bathroom is small and does not include a tub. On my vacation days I was somewhat disappointed I didn't have this little luxury. However the shower is larger than average and included an updated rain shower head. The only door to the bathroom was an old pocket door. A bit difficult to pull and rather inconvenient for my boys who are just old enough to want their privacy. That may or may not be important to you. Also the rooms were small. My kids are pretty small in size, we only stayed two nights and spent as much time as possible sightseeing so it worked out but it was not roomy between the beds, walls and furniture.

It got pretty crowded in the breakfast room but the food choices were good and reasonably maintained. Hot items included the usual waffles, powdered eggs and sausage. My family appreciated having them and ate them well. We did not have time to use the pool.

We'd definitely stay here again however if we were staying longer or my boys are full grown, I'd opt to spend the extra on a place with more elbow room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank djwhitetn
maryland
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Our family of four stayed in two queen beds and fit very comfortably. The pillows, bedding, furniture and bathroom were all spotless. The decor was very nice - not tacky like most cheap hotels - and the breakfast, while simple, included waffles, eggs and sausage. Check-in was easy. For the price we paid, we couldn't be happier. We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel, and will absolutely be going back next time we're in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Staff was very helpful and friendly. We needed 2 rooms and they were next to each other so we could open the door between our rooms and treat it like a suite. Thank you so much!We loved it and would stay there or in one of your other locations without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2014