“Better as some of the reviews”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #39 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

You get what you pay for and I think sometimes ( not always) people are a little unfair and to critical . The room had everything what we needed for our 4 night stay. Plain, simple and space saving . A fridge , coffee maker, micro, ironing board, good beds, clean, and a much better breakfast ad we thought. The pool stays open late and the staff is friendly and helpful. Yes a little wear and tear is to see,but nothing out of the ordinary . I was missing a room safe , but that's probably because I am from New York and have the feeling it is a necessary. In the refill of coffee in the rooms they could be better but otherwise absolutely no complaints . We would defiantly go back.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nysteffi

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel 3 or 4 times now and in the past it was better than it is now. In fact I've reviewed this hotel here on TA before and gave it a favorable rating. No more. The moment I waled into the lobby I noticed the carpet around the check-in desk was literally duct-taped to the floor. While I appreciate that they don't want anyone tripping over loose carpeting FIX THE CARPET. Duct tape? Really?

I should also mention that there was a problem with the door lock. I noticed that when you let the door close it didn't completely close and lock like everyone has come to expect from EVERY hotel door. OK I thought - not that big of a deal. I turned the handle and closed the door. However, next morning when I go to leave for the day I found out what the issue really was - and that was the latch was such that it would NOT close from the outside. In order to lock the door I had to put my key in the door and unlock it and then turn the handle and pull it shut. Terrible.

My morning was not made any better when I went down to the lobby to get some coffee. Now I don't expect premium coffee for free from hotel lobbies. But that stuff that was in my cup was undrinkable. I poured the entire thing out after a couple of sips.

My family and I love going to Williamsburg and we will go again. But the next time we go we won't be staying in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Clean and Comfortable. The manager, Peter Vora, saved a video binder ( for 2 months) that I had left behind in the room. It has over 50 priceless family DVD's. He is sending it to me in Florida. I only pay the FedEx charge. That's GREAT service.
The Sleep Inn is a great way to enjoy Williamsburg.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed in this motel some years back and I didn't remember it being terrible, so we went there again. We stayed one night in room on the third floor. (Sept. 19, 2013). I don't know where to start....the room was the pitts! The carpet was stained and frayed. I wouldn't sit in the chair...it was stained and dirty. The outlets by the desk would not hold a plug. We tried to plug in our phones to charge them and the plugs just fell out. The desk phone was so staticy (sp?), we couldn't hear when we called the front desk. We had no hot water in the shower, just luke warm. Called the front desk and their advice was to let the water run, which we did for 10 minutes and it never got hot. The bathroom door was a pocket door. The top track was broken, and the door was next to impossible to open and close. There was no bathtub, just a shower stall, which was not a problem, except the shower stall was just too small! The sheets and towels appeared clean. But I didn't sleep well because the condition of the rest of the room led me to believe the sheets were dirty too. The air conditioner worked, although noisy. The location was the only good thing about it. With all that said, I will never stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Clean bathrooms are really all I want in a cheeper hotel. I was pleasently rewarded for my hotel researching with this gem. The bathroom was clean and really quite nice. The beds were a good balance between hard and soft. The sheets were clean and didn't smell. The staff was very polite and friendly at all times. The breakfast room is a little too crowded in the AM so we generally went out for breakfast but at the great price we payed we were ok with that. Only two little complaints- the AC didn't always work right so the room was humid some times when we would come back in and the halls smelled like someone had been smoking. We would go back.

Room Tip: The higher floors seemed quiter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My family and I just stayed at the Quality Inn for our Labor Day weekend trip to Williamsburg. I found a really good deal at the Quality Inn for the holiday weekend. I booked 4 rooms for everyone in my family that traveled down to Williamsburg. The rooms weren't spectacular, but all in all they were clean and fit our needs. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were spacious. Each room had 2-3 people. We were walking distance from Golden Corral and other restaurants. And we were just down the street from the main strip on Richmond Rd. The hotel overall could use a little updating, but we enjoyed ourselves and will probably stay there again!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while on a family trip to Busch Gardens/Water Country. Upon check in the rooms were very nice. The air conditioning had a bit of a musty smell (but I was the only one who seemed to notice). The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom has a sliding door to save space but sometimes was hard to move if you pushed it too far into the wall. The stand up shower was nice but there wasn't enough room to put multiple bottles of soap/shampoo. There was not alot of room for suitcases either. We ended up stacking them on top of each other and using a chair for another. On the second day we found little tiny ants on the desk. We didn't want them spraying in our room so we just dealt with it, even thinking we had carried them in on something. As we were checking out I told the front desk and a another guest said he had them in his room too! The breakfast was very good. The pool was kinda small but the kids didn't seem to mind. All in all it's a nice place to stay. It's also within walking distance of Cracker Barrel, Golden Corral and a local smoke house restaurant that was awesome.

1  Thank tubsgal