“Visit to Williamsburg”

Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway
Ranked #3 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The manager of this property went out of his way to make sure that my visit was the best it could be. Newly remodeled, clean, and a good price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
David S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Karen R,

Thank you for taking time out to share your experience. Our goal is to create a stay custom for each guests that will make the stay that much more enjoyable. We are glad that you were able to experience just that. We appreciate your business and hope that you have found your new home away from home whenever visiting Historic Williamsburg.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We booked a block of rooms for our family to stay while having a destination wedding for our daughter's wedding. The staff was VERY accommodating and professional. They went out of their way to provide various equipment and articles needed while the bridal party was preparing for the ceremony. We basically had a floor of the hotel and they were kind enough to block our rooms for our convenience. When the wedding venue had an issue we held the wedding rehearsal at the property. The staff and food was great. Breakfast was done very nice and had a great selection. This hotel was perfect for our event!!!!

Dear Gary F,

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your choosing our hotel to host your family & friends coming into town for this very special occasion. We are glad everything worked out. Congratulations again on behalf of the Days Inn Historic Area Family!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The hotel is lovely and recently renovated. But the room was noisy. You could hear the conversations of people in the hallway -- and the shower and toilet sounded like waterfalls. That said, the staff was helpful and the location was very convenient.

Room Tip: first floor was noisy
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
David S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear A S,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, however, sorry to hear of your concerns with the noise. I would love to speak with you more about this. Please email me at dsmith@hmphotels.com. Thanks for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Nice, recently renovated hotel. Very modern decor and very clean overall. Hallways need more illumination. Also breakfast needs some improvement. Waffles were nice, but the only protein offered both mornings was sausage gravy. Would be nice to have some eggs, bacon, etc. More variety day to day. Overall good value hotel.

Dear Sean M,

Thank you for taking time out to let us know of your experience at our newly reopened hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Days Inn Worldwide is in the process of enhancing the menu across the globe at all Days Inns and they are planning to roll it out by next summer. We hope that you will come back and see the change. We are sure you will like what they have plans for. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was our second stay in under 4 weeks,,It was Not a hassel FREE stay,,Pay no attention to all the signs on the walls and front desk pertaining to Days INN customer Service and immediate REsolution issues..Either Dave can not read..or flat out does not care..He just there for a paycheck,,,,He not there for you and I...,I am giving this motel a low rating due to the lack of Customer Service .Misleading mission statements..Not one front desk clerk could smile the whole 14 hours we stay..How hard would it have been to smile when i walked in the door and greeted me?.We live 20 miles out side Williamsburg.In the true county.When my husband drives into Williamsburg to work.I enjoy finding a good deal ,clean place to relax at .We just moved from Williamsburg to real country.After all the great reviews.We booked a night ,three weeks ago,Than spend Sunday night Oct 20th.2013.We where suppose to spend Monday Oct 21nd also.However,At 11 am.I went to the front desk to inform them ,We had a second totally different reservation for today.,,I wanted to merge them,,We wanted to stay in the room we checked into the day before,,nothing difficult or puzzeling,,You would think,,..No problem you would think,Right?,,WRONG,,,Manager on Duty for the front desk.Was unable to or not knowlegable with system or not interested in helping me resolve anything,,,IT was simple,,I pay you money,,You renew my key and room,,,Right?,,,,Turned into quick , hurtful expericance,,I wont recomment or suggest this place until they train these front staff the right way,,,He came across ,, as i do as i please,,, i dont please,,, letting you stay with you hard green cash,,,,That how he came across,,If you are really a real Manager Dave.you picked the wrong type of vocation to work at,,You are insenstive and uncaring,,Rude,,un callous the way you behaved,,I will inform Wydham,,,,,.I paid for our room in Cash the night before.When asked if i would please give them a valid credit card to keep on file,,They tried to say it was for incidentals,What incidentals?,,THiS Days Inn offered no in room movies, no food , no anything to justifie giving up my CC for incidentals,I like this,,and i stayed 4 nights at Days Inn ,Dover DE...Noone at that Days inn in DE asked for a CC on file to cover incidentals that did not exsist...This was the only wyndham motel that asked.,,I would rather put up a CASH deposit than give out my CC information,anyone these days,,Once you have been a victum of ID theft or had your credit cards numbers stolen at a motel..You won't or can not trust any motel ever again,,,,I was not given a option to pay a cash deposit,have never had any isses at other high end brands like i had with this Days INN,,I was livid.I was outraged..I kept my true thoughts to my self,, As a woman or a man,,, ,,Should i not want to give up my private personal information.I should have the right to say NO.I , guess i must look too old and haggered and untrustworthy,,by the front desk Manager Dave.,I did nothing to deserve to the rudeness he served me today..I was not expecting that ,,.He refused to take my cash for a second night stay..Insisted.I could not remain in this motel another night unless i gave him my credit card and let him authorize it for the price i was giving him in cash,,There is not any rymn or reason for them to have my credit card once i pay cash,,They have a copy of my DL .They know your car plate numbers.What more did this man want out of us?Our first born?My stay was pleasant up to this point.his rational was unrational.He was a liar.He insulted my intelligence.Treated me poorly..Just in the last three weeks too...I paid with my room with a American express Wydham Gift card..The second time cash..also,,Last May.I spend really was not expecting them to ask for a CC.I have only stayed two days inn ever..Twice ,,IF i am paying CASH.Why would they NEED to authorize my Credit card at all? This was the first time ANYWHERE i have stayed /Anyplace wanted a CC after i paid for the room in CASH...My honest opinion..Rooms where beautiful in a 5 million dollar .Motel recently renovated,owned by Patels . .Hallways could use better lighting.Seems so dark walking thur the halls,,,After being upset.I could just pick apart this motel,,I am upset with the on duty Manager not the motel..I never saw any one smile or seem happy as they worked,,The maids spoke NO american or little of English..There is an air of unfriendlyness by staff ,,.. No one goes out of there way or outside the extreme to help ,,,The matresses are very hard.Too hard for my back.I enjoy soft. Nice new flat sceen TV's..Over all,,,I give a top rating of 9 out of 10 being the best for the motel , cleanest, and and location,,, can not be beat , with or with out discount, Great AARP prices,,,,, having a bad day or just unfriendly front desk Manager and staff that can not smile or stand behind mission statement...,,Hugh and nice selection of breakfast foods,,,,,

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Helene b

Dear helenbahn1957,

Thank you for taking time out to share your experience. As a spouse of someone who also works in a lodging facility down the street from us, we are sure that you understand the policies that are in place in the area. We do require a credit card upon arrival that must be authorized for your full stay as a form of a security deposit. Upon departure, you may change your method of payment or keep it on the same card. We are sorry that you feel none of our housekeepers could speak English as they all can. Our hotel is one of several hotels in the area that have Multiculturalism in the workplace and we feel having this allows each employee to contribute based on their own cultural background and that has helped develop us into a unique hotel that guests have grown to love. I'm sorry that you did not feel that way about our hotel or team members. As a guests and family of a fellow hospitality team member, we value your comments. Thanks for staying at our hotel.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here while visiting Williamsburg. We chose this based on other reviewers and we were very pleased with the value. Rooms were clean and updated. I've stayed at many other hotels costing twice as much and have not been as satisfied. I reserved with 15 day advanced notice and saved 15%. It's not a Hyatt but neither is the price. Breakfast was good to fair. I'm a coffee snob and that's one thing that could be improved upon but that's just nit-picking

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear mcdurbin,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad that you found our hotel to be such a great value for your family while visiting Historic Williamsburg. Our $4.5M renovations that were just completed places our hotel in a higher class including just being upgraded from a 2 Diamond Property by AAA to a 3 Diamond Property as of last week. With our Days Inn logo, you can be assured of the "Best Value Under the Sun". Thanks again for your business and we hope to see you again soon.