I visited this hotel with a family member and two children. Upon arrival, we were a little concerned with the look of the outside area, but we were pleasantly surprised by the beautiful, renovated lobby. We were checked in by the manager and at first I thought there would be a problem because someone with my last name also had a reservation he made it seem like I was responsible for both rooms. Luckily, I was able to find my reservation receipt and the matter was resolved. We received a nice room on the second floor.
-The staff cares about the property and that you enjoy your stay. Especially Orlando, the facilities/housekeeping manager! He is top-notch and you shouldn't hesitate to contact him if you have an issue. He really cares that the rooms are clean, that you have all the supplies you need and that you are having a good time. My kids loved running into him because he was so friendly (same with Thomas - my kids loved his friendliness and helpfulness too!)
-Renovated rooms with nice decor, a very spacious closet, TV, desk and chair, as well as a plush love seat.
-Room was clean!
-Free breakfast. This is a big bonus for families. The cost of feeding four people every day quickly adds up. The breakfast is very good and has a nice selection. Cold and hot cereal, toast, muffins, waffles, sausage, eggs, tea, coffee, juice, etc. The space is also very clean and renovated as well. The staff member assigned to the area is helpful.
-Very nice sized refrigerator and microwave in room.
-Washer ($1.50/load) and dryer ($1/cycle) on premises. Takes quarters only.
-Free Wi-Fi. (This was really handy because my cell phone didn't have service in the hotel).
-Close to Busch Gardens (about 10-15 mins away).
-Outside eating choice near the property, and close to major roadways.
-Rooms are a little small.
-Bathroom is very small.
-Not a lot of parking spaces.
-Room will not be replenished every day, unless you request certain items (ex - soap, shampoo, coffee filters, etc.)
The pros really outweigh the cons at this hotel. The biggest "pro" the hotel has is that the staff is very helpful. I will definitely return to this hotel. It's not a "luxury" hotel, but it doesn't charge luxury prices. If you want a real value that comes with a clean room, free breakfast and a great staff, this is a wonderful choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway! Get in touch with a slice of history while basking in southern hospitality at the Comfort Inn(R) Williamsburg Gateway hotel in Williamsburg, VA near Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens. Our non-smoking family hotel in Williamsburg puts guests within steps of popular attractions like: Busch Gardens, Water Country USA, Williamsburg Premium Outlets, William and Mary, and Williamsburg Winery Get going with a great breakfast. Start your trip to Williamsburg with our free hot breakfast offering everything from eggs, waffles and meat to healthy options like yogurt and fresh fruit. Soak up the sun on our patio deck or take a dip in our oversized seasonal outdoor pool. You can also break a sweat in our 24-hour fitness center or take care of family needs in our guest laundry facilities. All guest rooms offer a coffee maker, desk, sitting area, microwave, refrigerator, iron and board. Some rooms feature a sofa sleeper, in-room tea and coffee and kitchenette. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Historic Area Hotel Williamsburg
- Days Inn Williamsburg Virginia
- Days Inn Colonial
- Days Inn Historic Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Days Inn