We were in Williamsburg for a family wedding at the Williamsburg Winery. The hotel was a little more than what I am used to paying for at a Days Inn, but for the area it was not as pricey as other hotels. My first contact with Catherine was when I called to inquire about prices and availability. She was very professional and friendly. When we checked in, we met Catherine, she again was very nice and friendly. The hotel was the nicest Days Inn I had ever stayed, definitely upper crust on the Days Inn circuit. It was beautiful, crisp, clean, nice, except for the bright, funky, hallway carpet that was reminiscent of a psychedelic ink-spot. It would have been cheaper to stay in Newport News or Norfolk or Hampton, but we wanted to be closer to the winery for the wedding events. We were very pleased with the quality of the experience, we did not eat the free breakfast, because the beds were too comfortable to get up in time.
When we checked out, again Catherine was there with Kirk. They made me laugh so much that they had me crying I was laughing so hard. It was quite an enjoyable experience. Kirk was picking on my about how I signed my name, i was hilarious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway! Get in touch with a slice of history while basking in southern hospitality at the Comfort Inn(R) Williamsburg Gateway hotel in Williamsburg, VA near Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens. Our non-smoking family hotel in Williamsburg puts guests within steps of popular attractions like: Busch Gardens, Water Country USA, Williamsburg Premium Outlets, William and Mary, and Williamsburg Winery Get going with a great breakfast. Start your trip to Williamsburg with our free hot breakfast offering everything from eggs, waffles and meat to healthy options like yogurt and fresh fruit. Soak up the sun on our patio deck or take a dip in our oversized seasonal outdoor pool. You can also break a sweat in our 24-hour fitness center or take care of family needs in our guest laundry facilities. All guest rooms offer a coffee maker, desk, sitting area, microwave, refrigerator, iron and board. Some rooms feature a sofa sleeper, in-room tea and coffee and kitchenette. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Historic Area Hotel Williamsburg
- Days Inn Colonial
- Days Inn Williamsburg Virginia
- Days Inn Historic Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Days Inn