We stayed at this location on 7/19/13 - 7/21/13. Check in was very quick and easy. We were given a room on the first floor but in the back of the hotel. Luckily there was a door that was very close to our room but there were stairs which made carrying luggage into the hotel a little hard.
The room itself was beautifully decorated. Gray and white interior. The flat panel tv was about 39" (It may have been smaller but it was definitely over 32"). Our room had two queen sized beds. I believe there were "summer linens" on the bed. There was one sheet and a top sheet that kind of looked like a table cloth. We called the front to ask for additional blankets unaware that blankets were in the dresser drawers. It did take longer than we were told (20 minutes) to receive the blankets however I was told by the front desk attendant that he had just pulled them out of the dryer. One blanket was dry however the other one was still wet. I didn't feel like calling to have another one brought to the room so I just kept the one I had and attempted to let it dry in the room (that didn't work very well). The beds slept great. The bathroom was beautifully decorated and clean except one section at the very top of the shower curtain. The water pressure was good and the water got extremely hot. The free wi-fi access code is given to you at check-in. But it constantly kicks you off so you will have to re-enter the code numerous times during your stay. Also, there is no closet in the room. Instead there is a wardrobe. Be careful not to push on it because it will knock out your cable as the cable outlet is directly behind the wardrobe.
Breakfast: Here is the bad part. The breakfast offered, in my opinion, was horrible. Cold items: your standard cereals, muffins, bagels. Hot items: sausage patties (sitting in water) and round egg patties. We immediately left and had breakfast at Golden Corral which was within a block (walking distance) from the hotel. There is also a Cracker Barrel directly across the street from the Golden Corral.
Pool: The pool was nice. It was never really crowded.
Exercise equipment: There were two treadmills and a seated bicycle though the tv screen was actually to the left of the equipment instead of in front of it.
All in all it was a good hotel in what we considered a prime location. It is maybe about 10 minutes from Busch Gardens, 5-6 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg and a much more cost efficient option than some of the other hotels on the same street. There are lots of great places to eat on Bypass/Richmond road. There is a Yankee Candle store which is like a mini mall, Carraba's, Uno's a few seafood restaurants, Japanese, Cookout, etc. The Outlet mall is about 10 minutes down the road. I mean the only thing about this hotel was the breakfast. It was a huge disappointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway! Get in touch with a slice of history while basking in southern hospitality at the Comfort Inn(R) Williamsburg Gateway hotel in Williamsburg, VA near Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens. Our non-smoking family hotel in Williamsburg puts guests within steps of popular attractions like: Busch Gardens, Water Country USA, Williamsburg Premium Outlets, William and Mary, and Williamsburg Winery Get going with a great breakfast. Start your trip to Williamsburg with our free hot breakfast offering everything from eggs, waffles and meat to healthy options like yogurt and fresh fruit. Soak up the sun on our patio deck or take a dip in our oversized seasonal outdoor pool. You can also break a sweat in our 24-hour fitness center or take care of family needs in our guest laundry facilities. All guest rooms offer a coffee maker, desk, sitting area, microwave, refrigerator, iron and board. Some rooms feature a sofa sleeper, in-room tea and coffee and kitchenette. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelsClick and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Historic Area Hotel Williamsburg
- Days Inn Williamsburg Virginia
- Days Inn Colonial
- Days Inn Historic Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Days Inn