“Reasonable Price For What You Get”

Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn
Ranked #20 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Ardmore, Pennsylvania
“Reasonable Price For What You Get”
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We stayed two nights during this past weekend. The bottom line is that we would come back again. The room was very clean and up-to-date. The building appeared to be in good shape. The location was really convenient to Colonial Williamsburg and many restaurants and shops. The staff was very friendly. On the negative side, the continental breakfast area seemed too small for the number of people using it. The breakfast food was just ok and the coffee was weak. We did not get a chance to visit the pool. We would go back because we liked the location, room and staff....but we would suggest that they upgrade the breakfast area.

1 Thank Family_In_Ardmore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
forty fort
Reviewed July 17, 2010

if you go here thinking your going to get a great free breakfast like i have at many bestwesterns that i ve stayed at your wrong it more than stinks what they put out rooms were ok very old but ok location good for all attraction pool was ok for kids to kill some time all in all ok for now but going in the direction of a low budget hotel not a three star

baltimore md
Reviewed July 15, 2010

We stayed at the Best Western Historic Inn for four nights on a family trip to Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. I was pleasantly surprised that is was clean and very comfortable. The double beds were firm but not too firm. the pillows were fluffy and they gave you 3 per beds, not like some places who only give you 2 which are usually half flat. The water was steamy hot. The linens were crisp and white. I especially like the fact that they use all white comforters that you can see are freshly laundered. I don't like hotels that use dark multi-colored comforters because they can hide soil and stains. The towels were thick not like the seemed to be over used ones at a lot of hotels.

2 Thank belinda1534
Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 18, 2010

We (my mother, myself, and my two children) stayed here for four nights on our recent vacation to Colonial Williamsburg /Busch Gardens/ Water Country. The location of this hotel is excellent, and close to the attractions and MANY chain and local restaurants.
I booked the hotel six months ago on Orbitz for $40 a night, and was very glad once we checked in that I had not paid more than this. The hotel showed age. The room itself was clean enough, but the carpet was worn and had stains and burns in it. The beds were very bouncy, which to me, isn't firm enough. The bathroom was small, but clean and updated. There was plenty of storage space for personal items on the counter and under the sink. The air conditioning/heating unit in our room was extremely loud...so loud that we could not sleep with it on, and resorted to using the fan only. The coffee maker, microwave, and refrigerator were all in working order and were clean.

My children used the hotel pool, which was fine for their nightly swim. The water was warm, but cloudy, which I assumed was from the chlorine. The hot tub was broken, and covered by a blue tarp.

The free breakfast was HORRIBLE. It consisted of make your own waffles, rotten bananas, two kinds of cereal in glass containers (which weren't air-tight, resulting in stale cereal) yogurt, a pan of un-chilled, peeled, hard boiled eggs, stale white bread and bagels for toast. The coffee was terrible (and I am NOT a coffee snob...it really was bad!) We ate the breakfast the first morning, and ate elsewhere after that.

The hotel staff was friendly and gave us directions to the local attractions. They were always pleasant when we passed them in the hallways or the front desk.

There are dozens of other hotels in the area that seem to be of better quality. If we vacation in the area again, I will most likely check one of them out instead.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank livinfortravel
TYRONE
Reviewed December 3, 2009

Very lovely hotel, central to all of our needs! Would definitely stay again when in the area. Front desk staff was exceptionally friendly...she kept my just purchased hat behind the counter so I wouldn't have to go back to my room.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VicSTyrone
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We had checked out this hotel prior to making a reservation and it seemed like a good choice. However, the air conditioner in the room sounded like a jet taking off and it ran for 60 seconds and then cut off for 120 seconds and then it started all over again - all night long! When I complained, the staff didn't seem to care. The hot tub was empty, and the pool was barely warm at all (although they advertize heated pool). The kids could never go in about their waist - after even an hour. Overall very disappointing, and the price was $71-85 depending on which night! This was on Bypass Rd.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank SPB82583
Washington, DC
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I recently traveled to Williamsburg, VA for a weekend getaway. I chose the Best Western Historic for it's location and rate. I wasn't looking for a Marriott quality room as I was only going to be in town for the weekend. To my suprise, the Best Western was better and any "upscale" property I've stayed at in the area! The staff was outstanding! Clean, comfortable rooms and Mo, at the front desk went above and beyond to make sure every part of my trip went smooth.

I will most certainly choose this hotel over any other in the area during my next trip to the Williamsburg, VA area!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple