“Just okay” 2 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn
Ranked #20 of 80 Hotels in Williamsburg
“Just okay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2005

I stayed at this Hampton Inn on a business trip. After working till 10:00 P.M. I came in to find the bed stripped and the cover in the floor. The maid had forgotten to come back. After calling, maintenance was sent to make the bed. He was very nice and did everything I requested. The room was not vacuumed daily. I picked up small pieces of trash from the previous tenants. The halls were not vacuumed. I noticed the same trash day after day. With just a little follow up, this place would be nicer. Some staff could be a little friendlier but I understand work related stress. The hotel was full and I realize they were probably stretched a little thin. Since my company was paying, I felt it was a little pricey for what I got.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2005

The halls reeked of cigarette smoke, even though we had reserved a no-smoking room, and most of the rooms around us were designated no-smoking. The staff was very polite, but not quick to take care of our needs. We found no TV remote in our room, had to ask repeatedly for extra pillows. There was no stopper in the sink in the bathroom. Our room had no in-room refrigerator, and the hotel had no coin laundry. Would not choose to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2005
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Carol B
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2004

Stayed here over Memorial Day weekend while visiting Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens. This hotel was OK...nothing special. It was clean and the breakfast was fine if a little crowded, but the service left a lot to be desired. They barely acknowleged us at check-in, when we called down later to arrange for a wake-up call the next morning no one answered and when I approached the maid in the hallway for a few extra towells she snapped at me.

There are lots of hotel options in Williamsburg so I would say try someplace else before you stay here. It would be fine if you got a super good deal or even got to stay free using Honors points but I was not impressed by what we got for $100 a night.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2003

I stayed for 2 days and my stay was delightful. The pool was clean and warm. The towels were conveniently located. The continental breakfast was fine. The price was a little high for off season. Will stay again

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mercer, Pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2003

Our stay was October 2003 REALLY BAD. Rooms dirty, bathrooms covered in mildew, airconditioner did not work. Moved to another room and found the same conditions. Not one vending machine on all four floors worked. Indoor pool area was actually slimmy. Neither the toasters or the microwave worked at the "free" morning breakfast (breakers kept blowing), and no one available to re-fill items or help the guests. At 90.00 dollars (plus) a night, I guarantee you that your money can be better spent at a number of other hotels in the area.

9 Thank annMercer_Pa