“BW Nice place to stay”

Ranked #18 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
New York
“BW Nice place to stay”
Reviewed July 29, 2008

We stayed at the Best Western the week of July 20th. If you plan on booking during the hot season I suggest you ask for a bottom floor. We were put on the 4th floor and our air didn't work so well. it was tolerable for the night . Ask to be put in a room on the bottom floor. None were available so they put us on the 3rd floor. The air worked great in that room so we didn't need to move again. They were very helpful. Breakfast Buffet was good Bagels, French toast sticks, eggs,juice, fruit, coffee, cereal. We let them know about a problem with the toasters but nothing was done, it only made the wait to toast bagels longer. Location was very convenient to all the attractions. Cracker Barrel Restaurant a short walk away. Great food and great prices. Don't waste your time and money at the Peking Buffet across the street. Not worth the money. Worst Chinese food I've ever had. The pool was nice. My son used it nightly after the days activities. The employees are very friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hotel. Nice and clean

• Liked — location
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Tennesse
Reviewed July 20, 2008

Wow i was surprised while reading other reviews i had a very nice stay. The Staff was overwhelmingly helpful rooms extremely clean, very quaint, and comfortable. One complaint is the breakfast is a bit sketch eggs and french toast pretty boring if they had waffles i would have been tons happier. All in All i had a very Nice time at the Best Western.

• Liked — The friendly Desk Staff.
  • Disliked — The Hot Breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
iowa
Reviewed July 2, 2008

This place is now called the Best Western Historic Area. I don't know if we got a newer room or what, but our experience was not near as terrible as the others I have read.

We checked in late and asked for a rollaway which they brought in a reasonable amount of time. The room was clean and the beds had nice down comforters. The bathroom was updated and had granite countertops.

The breakfast didn't have a lot of selection and the dining area wasn't very large but for the price we paid for the room it was more than adequate for a family of five.

I have stayed in much worse hotels. If they upgraded their dining area and breakfast and the front desk staff was more friendly and professional, this place would be pretty nice.

• Liked — beds, location
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
rochester
Reviewed April 22, 2008

The check in went ok and everything went downhill from there. The hot tub was broken when we arrived. The pool was warm though the first day. The second day the pool was cooler and so forth. We said something to the front desk many times and finally after 2 days they determined the heater was broken. We asked several times for extra pillows and towels and never recieved them. Their breakfast "buffet" is awful. Some gross french toast sticks and egg disk things. Not a very good selection. Clueless and useless help at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2008
2 Thank blarue500
Arkansas
Reviewed April 11, 2008

The bathroom had "issues" when we arrived. I mentioned this at the front desk on my out for an evening activity. I was told it would be taken care of before I returned. It was not taken care of during my three day stay.

Towels were not replaced during the daily cleaning, upon request I was told that I could that I could get one in the morning from the front desk.

I had three pre-teen boys in another room. I called to tell the front desk that their toilet was clogged, the boys waited untill 11:30 that night. There was no attempt to fix the toilet or move them to anther room.

Breakfast was a joke. The toasters didn't work, the begals, muffins, etc. were frozen solid, the cereal was stale and don't recall seeing the eggs everyone is talking about. The french toast sticks were available one morning but they were hard as rock.

I was most displeased with my experience.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank ArkansasDisneyaddict
aeschatz76
Reviewed March 27, 2008

I stayed at this hotel during a smithsonian tour. We when arrived at the hotel the rooms were not yet ready. We were told this was becasue we were earlier than what we were scheduled, however we were only 15 inutes early. Upon entering my room I found a hole in the wall, clipp toenails on the bathroom floor, torn and ripped carpet, and just a generally dirty room. I called the front desk about cleaning the room, their respnse was they would have someone clean it. No one ever came. The next morning we arrived at what was supposed to be a hot breakfast for all of the participants (44). There were only 9 tables for us and the other guests in the hotel and not nearly enough food, none of which was hot. Our tour director quickly informed them that they were not meeting the terms of the contract, again they answered with ok we will work on it. The second night we arrived back at the hotel to find that there had not been any clean towels left. I called the front desk and was told that she, the assistant general manager, was the only employee in the hotel and that she couldn't get us any, but we could come down in the morning about 8:00 and pick up some towels. We were scheduled to leave at 8:15. One of our rooms also had a backed up toilet, when I called about that the assistant general manager didn't even offer to fix it, she just said ok. This is absolutly the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in. Don't Stay Here!

Stayed March 2008
2 Thank aeschatz76
richmond virginia
Reviewed February 11, 2008

I reviewed the property on website and made reservations thru the telephone.

upon arrival there were two other guests at the hotel (i think). the electronic front door didnt work properly so i had to physically push it open. there may have been two lights on in the whole place. the manager greeted me after i managed to get thru the door and was pleasant but was not professional. ( i do not consider talking on a blue tooth while working a front desk professional) Besides the unusual checkin she told me to help myself to a swim. well the next morning that may have been difficult since the pool had no water at all!

our room had one out of 4 light bulbs working. it was clean but considering the state of the hotel its possible no one had stayed there for months.

at check out i asked the day manager about the pool and comments etc and she just simply said i spoke with the nite manager who had not worked for a week and was not aware the pool had been recently painted. her lack of emotion for the pool and state of the hotel was that of someone on prescription medicine.

considering i had already made my same day reservation it would have been difficult to back out and ask for a refund so my spouse and i braved the place for a nite but i would definitely warn others to "KEEP OUT" at least until the renovations are complete.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — state of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple