“Stayed here for past 3 years....no more!”

Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn
Ranked #17 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Owings Mills, Maryland
“Stayed here for past 3 years....no more!”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Over the past 3 years service and cleanliness have declined. Price has gone up too much.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank crossroadsdoc
Alexis W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Good Afternoon,

I would first like to " Thank You" for being a returning guest here at the Best Western Plus Historic Area, we really do appreciate it. I would like to apologize on our behalf for not meeting your expectations during your stay. I would also like to apologize about the price rising. Unfortunately, while you were here it was spring break , therefore; our rates rised due to the hotel being in a tourist attraction area. If you have any question or concerns please feel free to contact me at (757)220-0880. Have a terrific weekend.

Best Western Plus Historic Area

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Leonardtown, Maryland, USA
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Nice Stay great price. Clean. Only down fall was older Tv with not so good cable picture was fuzzy. I would for sure return agin have stayed many trips to Williamsburg in this Hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Alexis W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Good Morning!

I would first like to say " Thank You" for choosing the Best Western Plus Historic Area, we really do appreciate it as we know there are many hotel out there that you could have chosen from. I am very ecstatic to know that you had a wondeful stay here, as it is our goal to make sure that every individual has a relaxing time while visiting Williamsburg, Va. I do want apologize about our TV's not being to your liking. We are actually upgrading the TV's, but it will not be until later on in the year. I would love to invite you and your family back when we have added the "New Edition" here at the Best Western. On the other hand, when and if you decide to come earlier in the year please feel free to call me at (757) 220-0080, and I will be more than happy to assist you and your family with your reservation. Have a nice day!

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed March 23, 2012

The Best Western Plus is a very pleasant hotel just a few minutes from Colonial Williamsburg. My king room had plenty of space, the micro/fridge I rely on, and good wifi. Breakfast was pancakes, sausage, english muffins, pastries, coffee and cereal. The coffee was quite good. There are a number of chain and local restaurants within a few blocks. The hotel was very quiet and my room was clean and well kept. I plan on staying here when I return to Williamsburg.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Baycruisers
Alexis W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Hello There!!

I first would like to say "Thank You" for choosing the Best Western Plus Historic Area, we really do appreciate it. I am very pleased to know that you and your family had a wonderful time here while visiting Williamsburg. It is our goal to make sure that every guest has a pleasent stay while visting Williamsburg and we are very happy to know that we have reached this goal with your family. If and when you do decide to come back to the Williamsburg area do not hesitate to give me a call at (757) 951-3203, and I will be more than happy to assist you. Have a terrific day!

seattlelover317
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We checked in close to midnight on Friday night. The process was quick and painless -- and were greeted with a smile and home-baked cookies (which by the way were delicious!). The room was a decent size and up-to-date -- and very clean. The free breakfast in the morning was terrific -- french toast sticks, pancakes, sausage, eggs, toast, English muffins, cereal, yogurt, milk, coffee and juices. The hotel is located about 3 minutes from the entrance to Colonial Williamsburg -- and about 5 minutes from Busch Gardens. We used the pool (indoor) and the jacuzzi on Saturday evening and were pleasantly surprised -- the pool temperature was perfect. The jacuzzi was great too. All in all, it was a terrific weekend -- great hotel and we had perfect weather. We will DEFINITELY stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank seattlelover317
Alexis W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Good Morning!!

I would first like to start off by saying "Thank You" for choosing the Best Western Plus Historic Area, we really do appreciate it. I am very pleased to know that you and your family had a wonderful stay here. It is our goal to make sure that each and every guest have an amazing and safe time at the Best Western whether it is on business, family vacation, or a romantic getaway. When and if you do decide to come back to the area, please feel free to call me at (757) 220-0880 and I will be more than happy to provide you with assitance. Have a wonderful day.

Delaware
Reviewed February 29, 2012

There are so many nice hotels in the same area. Pick a different location. The staff was not helpful. We requested a rollaway bed (7:00pm). They said they'd have it delivered. Then they said it was locked in a closet (9:30pm). We asked for bedding for our inflatable mattress we brought with us. They said you have to come down to the desk and get it. We went down she said I can't get it for you right now I will bring in up in 15 mins. 30 mins later(at 10:30pm) I went back down and two girls were sitting having a chat behind the desk. They seemed unhappy with having to retrieve some bedding for me. The pool never had clean towels. The rooms had minimal towels and no extra toilet paper. Do yourself a favor pay an extra ten dollars and book yourself a nicer hotel with better customer service.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Alexis W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Good Morning!

I first would like to say "Thank You" for writing your response on the Best Western Plus Historic Area. By providing us with this information we are able to gather and put into place all the improvements that you requested that we need to work on. I do apologize for the lacking of customer service as well as the pool area not being to your liking.I have spoken to the proper departments, and everything has been worked on. Please feel free to call me at 757-220-0880 about your previous reservation.

Loves Park, Illinois
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We really enjoyed Williamsburg and the Best Western made it a great stay. We stayed right after Christmas and the hotel was almost booked to capacity. That did not affect anything about our stay other than my internet service. When we got there I could not get it up and the gentlemen at the desk did something that made the internet come up. The reason was that there was so many people using the internet it had to be rebooted once in a while. The breakfast when we got there was more continental with a waffle iron. While we were there they upgraded it to a warm breakfast. They also had yogurt for my daughter. The customer service was outstanding. Whenever we needed anything they were quick to accomadate. We were able to buy tickets for the attractions there and we had a question on the Christmas town tickets and the lady at the desk took the time to call Busch Gardens for us. We used the pool a couple of times and my kids had a good time. They had no complaints and enjoyed the hot tub also. And last but not least and my biggest pet peeve is the cleanliness of the rooms and this room exceeded my expectations for what I paid. I had no complaints and for the price I would say the value was outstanding. We are planning on going back to Williamsburg and instead of trying out a new place we will stay there.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Alexis W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Good Morning!

I would first like to say " Thank You" for choosing the Best Western Plus Historic Area for your trip to Williamsburg, Va. we really appreciate it. I also would like to "Thank You" for letting us know about your recent stay here. I was very pleased to know that we were able to make your stay as enjoyable as it was. We have worked really hard with the different changes that we have made here at the hotel, and it became a big sigh of relief to know that in the end our guest our happy. When you do decide to come back to the Williamsburg, Va area please do not hesistate to call me at (757)220-0880 I will be more than happy to help you with your reservation. Have a great day!

Ontario
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We (my two adults daughters and myself) stayed for 5 nights at this hotel while visiting Busch Gardens Christmas Town. The location was great . . . close to shopping, restaurants, colonial events and Busch Gardens. In other words it was a short drive anywhere we wanted to go. The king sized bed was very comortable. However, my daughter was most disappointed with the pull-out sofa bed. The mattress was thin and lumpy. She ended up placing several blankets underneath her to compensate. The continental breakfast was nothing special. The first morning (the only time we used this ammenity) the waffle maker was broken and we noted that there was no fresh fruit, yogurt or a variety of breads. Upon getting coffee on another morning I noted that the waffle maker was gone and french toast, eggs and sausages were in its place. Maybe they got complaints?? The staff were friendly. The pool looked inviting although we did not use it. We were really looking for a little bit more from this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank CraftyMom58
Alexis W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Good Morning Valued Guest,

Thank you for your response, as we love to here feedback from our guest to know what we can improve on. I am very happy to know that the staff was very friendly, and I will let them know about the compliment they received. I also would like to apologize on behalf of the pullout sofa not being to your liking as well as the breakfast that you had encountered during your stay. Every Best Western had to change their breakfast as of the last weekend of December, so that is why we had a new breakfast the next day that you came down on December 31, 2011. If you have any question or concerns about a future or present stay do not hesistate to call me at 757-220-0880. Have a nice day.