“A Wonderful Massage”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Massage”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was visiting the area with family and us girls went for a massage at the Serenity Spa. We selected them off the internet by their website and that they were able to accommodate all of us at once. One of the other women and myself both had extensive shoulder pain. We saw Joe and he was wonderful. She loved her massage as much as I did. I explained my issue and he listened and concentrated on the upper body and shoulder area. I would highly recommend Joe as your masseuse.

My daughter had a pedicure and really liked it. All in all, a great experience and the massage was really wonderful.

Visited January 2014

Gloucester, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Gift Certificates”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My sister who lives in Houston Tx has bought gift certificates on line for my sister, my husband and myself for Christmas and Birthdays from this Spa. My sister and me used one of our certificates at the beginning of 2013, we both are shy this is why we get them together so we don't have to go alone. That experience was not very personable so we asked the one in Houston not to get anymore. Well instead she bought us another plus one for my husband. Recently I came about finding the certificate for me and my husband. I called my sister who got one for her birthday to see if she wanted to go back, we both were not thrilled but my husband wanted to go. I called because the certificates had a year expiration date, apparently this spa enforces this. So because I didn't be honest with the sister who bought them spending $99.00 on my husbands and mine and my sisters on hers at least $100 on each (pedicure and manicure), which total she at least spent $299.00 wasted her money. It made me just sick so this time I made the call to her and told her the truth making sure she did not buy anything else from Serenity Spa.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Sandy S
Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“DEFINITELY Avoid!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have been to 9 spas and countless nail salons. Serenity was the worst ever! The facial I received was little more than a moisturizing treatment. The spa pedicure was disastrous. One of my cuticles was cut and it bled for quite a while. The tools were just lying on a table (vs. sealed or clearly removed from a sterilizer). I hope I don't get an infection. The spa pedicure did not include a foot or leg massage. The parafin was scalding hot and I couldn't put my feet into it for 5 or 6 mins. My friend had the same reaction. Both treatments were wildly over-priced for what they included. Find ANY place other than this one!

Visited June 2013
5 Thank Carol V
Williamsburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Do not go here.”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Came here for a hot stone massage. This isn't what you think of when you go to a "spa." No dimmed lighting when you walk in. No little snacks (unless you count those white and red peppermints). Just some water and tea. I've been to five or six other spas in various east coast cities. This is definitely the least relaxing atmosphere. When you're in the rooms, you can hear people talking outside, which makes it very hard to relax. What made the noise even worse was that the CD player in my room kept shutting off. The massage itself was eh. It's not worth $115 to just have oil and stones rubbed on you. The masseur (a man, but I can't remember his name) specifically asked me where I needed work, and I told him. Yet, he hardly worked that area at all. In other instances, I asked him to press harder, since he literally was just doing what any non-trained masseur could do--just rubbing. He didn't really change what he was doing. Also, I definitely did not get the full 90 minutes that I paid for.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank 123law
Belleplain, NJ
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Birthday treat for me”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I found Serenity Spa after perusing the web.What attracted me was the price of the Swedish massage but also that they gave a 10% discount for your birthday. Joe was my masseuse and the the most relaxing hour. They have pedi & mani chairs, Clean, great attentive staff!

Visited November 2012