“Wow, Wow, Wow!”

Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Ranked #11 of 91 things to do in Williamsburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Water Country USA®, Virginia’s largest water park, is just three miles west of Busch Gardens and features state-of-the-art water rides and resort-style amenities. Guests are in for an epic journey on the park’s newest family thrill slide, Colossal Curl™. True to its name, this mega water slide will deliver a high-adrenaline, family-friendly, action-packed adventure.
Callahan, Florida
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Wow, Wow, Wow!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Really fantastic! We went twice this week. School is not out locally yet so there were no lines, not sure if this is normally the case.... At any rate being from FL the only thing I have to compare this to has mouse ears (you know who I mean) and this place was WAY bigger & MUCH cleaner than any of their water parks. Even if there had been 2x as many people I think we still would have been in good shape as this place is so big. Lots of chairs & life jackets.... Plenty of areas for kids of all ages. My kids are 3&7 & they had 3-4 areas they loved plus the wave pool plus lazy river..... We were so pleased my 3 yo could use so many of the slides whereas she is normally deemed to small elsewhere. But the best part hands down were the 2 slides all 4 of our family could go down together. Absolutely unforgettable! I highly recommend you try this place..... PS I found the life guards really attentive & alert - not always the case at these places....

3 Thank McMarciJ

NYC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“My favorite place”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I have three children 2, 5, and 7. There is something for everyone. Best to go after holidays. We enjoyed the wave pool and areas where you don't have to go on a line to enjoy the water rides like the Hubba Hubba Highway. I like that the life vests are in very good condition and not worn out.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank deeninacorc
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Great Day! Great Park!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and I recently took our ten year old daughter on a Washington DC / Colonial Williamsburg trip. Along with the historical/educational events, we set aside fun "tweener" events including a day at Water Country USA.

I purchased tickets on-line at the Water Country USA website for $30 each. This was a savings of $20 off the gate price. We arrived at 10 am on Monday, June 2. The weather was really good - a bright, sunny sky and low to mid 80's. The park crowd was extremely light, so there were no lines or waiting. Parking was also a dream. I believe the Virginia kids are still in school, so we saw many pre-school kids and tourists.

We purchased a souvenir soda bottle upon arrival, and received refills throughout the day for $.99. We also ate lunch in the park for $25. It was pretty good, but we could have easily gone to the car in the parking lot for a sandwich.

The park itself was very clean, the staff was friendly, and the bathrooms/changing rooms were convenient. There were also plenty of seats in the sun (for my wife) or the shade (for me).

My daughter sampled the slides which were first-rate. There is a huge wave pool and plenty of areas to sit in the water and relax. The lazy river was a little disappointing. There are no rafts, only life vests.

The best waterpark I have ever been to is Typhoon Lagoon at Disney, but this was a first class park. I believe there was less walking. All-in-all, my family really enjoyed the day.

A few tips:
* Obviously, timing your visit is everything.
* The park was only open 10am to 5pm when we visited.
* Bring a towel unless you plan to purchase one at the park
* The pavement is rough and can get hot. Water shoes (amphibious shoes) are allowed on the rides, but no flip flops, etc.
* Don't fear the slides. They are not that scary.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank MUPete
Jonesboro, Arkansas
157 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Great waterpark! ”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

This waterpark has all the essentials. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I loved the waterslide that was partially underground! They also have a great selection of food. We will definitely be back the next time we are in the area.

1 Thank jillianjh
washington dc
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Fun for all ages”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We took our family of 6 ( ages 2-40), and we found fun and excitement for everyone. The park was quite compactly designed which meant less walking between attractions. Most impressive were the lifeguarding staff which were on top of enforcing rules. Life jackets were readily available, even for the littlest ones.

We rented a cabana which turned out to be a smart move because it gave us some
Much needed shade. It also gave us a fridge for the baby bottles, a locker next to the cabana and free use of towels so we didn't have to bring any ourselves.

The lazy river was the biggest hit with everyone ( wear a life vest to really enjoy the current).

We would highly recommend this park!

Visited May 2014