“Delicious Lunch/Excellent Service”

Ranked #4 of 27 Dessert in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Willilamsburg's favorite scratch bakery and restaurant for 25 years! Now located at 135 Colony Square by the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. Serving breakfast and lunch daily 8AM-4PM, 3 PM on Sundays, our bakery counter is open until 6PM Monday-Saturday, 4 PM on Sundays.
Reviewed February 2, 2019

We had lunch yesterday (2/1/19) at the Williamsburg location. Arrived about 11:45 to beat the lunch rush. Promptly seated and our server took our drink order. She gave us a few minutes to ponder the extensive menu and then came back for our order. We split an appetizer of country ham biscuits ($3.99 for two). They were delicious...definitely homemade biscuits. My hubby had the BBQ Sandwich (HUGE and delicious) with cole slaw and garbanzo bean salad. ($12). I had the chicken breast BLT with dill potato salad. Also very tasty. Everything is home-made and it shows. No chemical or "plastic" flavors. Portions are large. Service was great. Quick on the drink refills and checking back with us. So glad we arrived early...the restaurant was packed by 12:30 and folks were waiting for seats. Restrooms are clean and located in the rear of the restaurant. Seemed to be a mix of locals and tourists dining yesterday. In the front of the restaurant is a "mini" bakery with lots of sweets, breads and sides from which to choose. We got a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting "to go" for my hubby's birthday. Had it later at home and it was OUTSTANDING! Carrot Tree is definitely worth a visit if you are in Williamsburg!

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed January 10, 2019 via mobile

So my husband and I had burgers. I, the veggie burger, he had some other meat thing. I liked mine, the sweet potato fries were over cooked. My husband REALLY liked his burger. We ordered the sample desserts. They were yummy but straight out of the counter cooler, which made the frostings and fillings hard.

What I didn't like was our server and the hostess. Very inattentive, unhelpful and cold. I had to stop another server for straws, water, dessert information.

We'll go back, whenever we get a hankering for a good burger and vegetarian quiche.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 23, 2018 via mobile

What a nice place. The service was great the food was quite tasty . We are not from town but meeting old friends here for a brunch Ans it was great. The little ham biscuits are just perfect. We were able to make a reservation and glad we did they are quite a busy place. Desserts were awesome carrot cake is truly their specialty!! We had not seen our friends for a while so we really lingered over our brunch Ans never felt rushed by wait staff. Great local place !

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank judyb2153
Reviewed December 2, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had visited the Yorktown location several times but we had never been to their Williamsburg restaurant.
It was very good.
The menu lists a nice variety of choices, all moderately priced. We just wanted something light so we both chose their Brunswick stew. Our server brought our two bowls; mine was chock full of chicken and vegetables while my wife’s was mostly broth. Our server very nicely brought her an extra cup full of chicken and vegetables to make it up.
The atmosphere is comfortable and clean. Service was prompt and friendly.
Well done Carrot Tree!

Date of visit: December 2018
2  Thank LSNS2652
Reviewed October 11, 2018

We asked a local for a good restaurant while in Jamestown. She directed us to this location. We found it to be full with happy customers at 1:30. In our group we ordered roast beef, 2 kinds of hamburgers, pulled pork and chicken salad wrap. We all agreed that his was one of thee best places we ate at while in Williamsburg. The hamburgers was moist and cooked to our liking. The pulled pork sandwich was heaped so high own the bun 2 sandwiches could have been made. The other person spoke on how tender the roast beef was. The Cole slaw was wonderful . We thought it couldn't get any better...then we got dessert. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Thanks Carrot Tree.

Date of visit: October 2018