Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $100.00
from $20.00
from $17.00
11,734 results
All reviews cry witch carriage ride fife and drum day pass revolutionary city coffee house governor's palace re enactments grand illumination buy a ticket colonial times visitor center shuttle bus step back in time declaration of independence duke of gloucester street living history
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Although we could have seen everything in one crammed packed day, we took two leisurely days to visit Colonial Williamsburg. We're glad we did.

One doesn't need to buy a ticket to walk through the restored area, but a ticket is needed to enter many of the buildings or partake in most of the activities. Buy the ticket.

The introductory film in the Welcome Center is a must. It's relatively short, a bit dated, but very interesting. You'll see at least one famous actor VERY early in his career.

The free shuttle bus is a great way to get to and from the restored area. However, at least once take the walkway from the Welcome Center instead. The distance is less than 1/2 mile and ends close to the Governor's Palace. The scenery is beautiful and there is a colonial farm to visit along the way that you might otherwise miss.

The interpreters do an excellent job taking you back in time. Many of the activities they lead are limited in the number of people who can participate each time. Thus, to see everything a leisurely two days makes doing so much easier.

Some of the things to see (ex.: the brick mason and the cabinet maker) the are a bit off the beaten path. Go and spend time with them. They love to demonstrate their skills and engage in conversation.

1  Thank Bruce M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and son and I really enjoyed our trip there. They had some very cute foals that I fell in love with.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a fabulous restoration of a colonial town. Very entertaining for all ages. A full day is a must.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited Colonial Williamsburg expecting to see history , and I listened ,learned , and experienced about history. This amazing city takes you back in time with restored/reconstructed buildings and people in character speaking about life in Colonial Williamsburg! So knowledgeable!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We thought it was way too expensive compared to Jamestown. We got bad information from the beginning at the information desk. We were told there were no restaurants outside the visitors center which was not true. There are several places to eat. Must have been that guys first day of work. No one told us there that there was a shuttle that could take you around. And we needed it. Not nearly as inviting or interesting as Jamestown. I had always looked forward to seeing Williamsburg so I can say I’ve been there done that but I wouldn’t go back. I hear it’s great at Christmas but I won’t return.