“Quite good!”

Sandpiper Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Established in 1982, the Sandpiper Restaurant's success is born of loyal customers, dedicated staff, and the finest quality of steaks and seafood with our own homemade flair. We strive to serve fine spirits and wholesome meals within a pleasant, comfortable atmosphere.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

First visit, recommended by friends. Great teamwork among staff providing very efficient service. Excellent seafood, cooked just right. My wife had he crab filled shrimp and I had the shrimp/crab combo, both delicious and plentiful. I always judge the cleanliness of a restaurant relative to the wine glasses. These were impeccably clean!

1  Thank William F
There are newer reviews for Sandpiper Restaurant

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We have visited the area for the last three years. Sandpipers' kept being recommended. I ordered the batter dipped oyster. The oysters were not cooked through. Runny and lukewarm. Not very appetizing. My husband ordered the 15 oz steak special. The steak could not have been any more than 9 oz at best. The cut was not a very good one. None of the sides had much flare either. The crusted asparagus was pretty tasty. Our bill came to $61. We don't mind paying a fair amount for a well done meal. This was not it. We will not go there again nor recommend it.
The service however was quite good.

sandpiper1982, Owner at Sandpiper Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Pam H,
Thank you for your feedback after dining at the Sandpiper. I am so sorry you did not have an enjoyable experience.
Our fresh, fried, local oysters are one of our signature dishes. We prepare them to order, they are intended to be fried crisp and usually they are a huge hit. Our Ribeyes are hand-cut in house, with a scale readily available to weigh to 15 oz. We strive to serve you top quality meats and seafood.
As the owner, I try to speak to all of my customers through out the evening. I am so sorry we missed each other, I take criticism seriously and I would have preferred the opportunity to make it right for you and your husband prior to your exit. I would hope you directed your concerns to your server.
We would appreciate the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you're in town. Please contact me or my manager, Angela.
Thank you.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My wife and I were staying in the area and the Sandpiper was recommended to us for dinner. Food was excellent but service was a little slow. We had the beer battered shrimp and it was well worth the money.

1  Thank Sean8tv
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I've been coming here forever....solo, with friends, or with family, and we've always been pleased. It's a rather small place from the outside and seems much bigger inside. Big portions, regal-sized dinners, and local seafood knowledgeably prepared. It's a step up from some of the more humble or boisterous eateries in the area, and most welcome.

1  Thank JTTRBUG

Thank you so much for your positive review! We appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Laid back and comfortable. Unbeatable fried oysters and shrimp ...and large quantities too. Onion rings are a must try.

Drinks are not wimpy and a fair wine selection. This Northern Neck treasure is a must try and a local favorite. Enjoy!

1  Thank HaroldB104

Harold B,
Consistency is key! Thank you so much for your kind review! We appreciate your business and taking time to brighten our day!