Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
St. Louis, United States
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This hotel was a grand experience !!!! The room was clean and more space than we anticipated in our room. The refrigerator was and added amenity. We had a lovely dinner downtown and the directions were perfect. This hotel is most convenient to Skyline Drive.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Rose O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
thousand Oaks, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Perfect location near northern end of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Stayed the night before continuing on to Shenandoah National Park. The hotel was just off the freeway but not noisy. Restaurants and shopping area nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel was very clean. Breakfast buffet was a little better than what you would expect at a hotel of this level. staff was very friendly. The breakfast area was tidy and clean. Free papers were offered with your stay. Manager visited with patrons soliciting feedback on stay, and offering additional assistance. (Needing info on things to do, things to see) great customer service. I was pleasantly surprised, in the past I had associated Best Western with "tired and old".

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed July 15, 2013

In my mind, Best Western was, like Holiday Inn, associated with mediocrity (at best). This Best Western Plus does for the brand much what Holiday Inn Express did for its brand: build new, modern properties that are clean, comfortable, and have amenities that most middle-market road travelers want (like a complimentary breakfast, internet access, clean and neat rooms, etc.). This one delivers that well. Add to it truly excellent, friendly, can-do front desk service.

Most readers will already know that this Best Western Plus accepts pets. I'm guessing not many places do, because it really seemed to attract the owners with traveling pets. When we arrived late at night, we heard a small, yippy dog outside as we unloaded our bags. Sure enough, we were put right next door to them (or vice versa). The dog yipped constantly through the thin walls, apparently egged on by some toddler who thought it all was hilarious. This is around 11:15pm on a weeknight. Anyway, we immediately went down and requested to move, and our request was handled quickly and professionally. We moved up a floor (to 4) and not right over the yippy dog room, and things were very quiet.

Breakfast was good though nothing special for the market segment. At least they didn't have those terrible crumbly eggs that Hampton Inn serves up. Theirs were the discs that go well on biscuits and so forth. Just 3 cold cereals, waffle maker, a few juices, good coffee, and a few hot choices like eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. Bagels, muffins too. Yogurts did not taste good to me, either because they were nonfat (vs. lowfat), or possibly they had artificial sweetener, or both.

I would only stay here again on a less-busy night so I could move rooms if necessary. The place is really nice, the people are great - but if you can't get away from a barking dog, you're done for. It just seems a big risky if a good night's sleep is critical.

It's a bit tricky to get to off I-64. You need to use a couple access roads - it's not intuitive at all.

Room Tip: Ask to be far away from dogs. Maybe they can reserve a pet-free wing or something.
1 Thank cspan37421
Dumfries, Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

First of all let me say that I have mobility issues so I always seek out a hotel that has handicapped accommodations for my needs. There is handicapped parking available very close to the entrance. The entrance doors to the building are automatic and there is an elevator.

We were immediately and politely greeted upon arriving at the front desk. Our room reservation was ready and there were no check in (or check out) issues. A very nice touch at the front desk are a variety of cookies and you can help yourself.

When I made the reservation I had requested a handicapped accessible room with grab bars in the bathroom. I wanted two beds, but was told only king beds were in the accessible rooms. The room was across the hall from the elevator, but I never heard much noise from the halls once inside the room.

The room and bathroom are large. For the most part the room was very clean, with perhaps the exception of dusty lamp shades. The bed was comfortable and house keeping did provide additional pillows upon request.

The refrigerator was crammed into a corner of the room. It opened to the right. It was very difficult to use, especially for someone with mobility issues. It should be re-positioned so it is easier to get to.

Some issues with the bathroom: There was virtually no air circulation. I expected a walk-in shower, but instead got a tub/shower. The tub is higher than the floor and there is a big step up to get in and a big step down to get out. Despite having grab bars this was difficult to negotiate and the enclosure was very narrow. I didn't use the fold down seat because it took up too much space. There was a hand-held shower, but it had been pushed up so high it was unreachable. I had to ask my traveling companion for assistance. The bar holding the shower head was also loose. It looked like the bath/shower had been redone using a "Bathfitter" type of form. The shower curtain was also rather flimsy and had useless magnets on the bottom. If I stay here gain I will certainly ask if they have a room with a walk-in shower.

Despite the bathroom issues I found the room to be comfortable enough for an overnight stay or perhaps just a few days. I did not eat their available breakfast (just had some coffee) and instead chose to eat breakfast at the Cracker Barrel, which is adjacent to the hotel. There is no walkway that I could see from the hotel parking lot to the restaurant so if you have mobility issues you need to drive over or you have to walk on the grass up a little hill from parking lot to parking lot. There are plenty of restaurants in the area close to the hotel. There is a pool (didn't use it) and a business center (didn't use it). The room has free wi-fi.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again if they can meet my needs (walk-in shower).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara P
BWHotelOwner, Owner at Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel! It is important for us to understand a guest's point of view in order to make improvements. We wanted to let you know that since your stay with us, we have changed the way that the refrigerator door opens in our accessible rooms--an easy fix for us and it will better accommodate future guests' needs. We appreciate your suggestion!

We have several accessible guest rooms at the hotel and one has a walk-in shower. We have reminded our Housekeeping Staff of the importance of leaving the shower head in the lower position for the ease of our guests.

Thank you again for your positive review of our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you again when you visit this area!
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was fabulous. The rooms, service and breakfast were perfect. I'm not easy to please and would not have chosen a Best Western had our group dictated this as the hotel. WOW I will be sure to choose a Best Western plus again! While traveling with 4 kids, their efforts to accommodate my needs were commendable! Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your comments--we are very proud to be a Best Western PLUS hotel! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return!
South of the Border, South Carolina
Reviewed June 26, 2013

A convenient and easy to locate stop along 64. Traffic signals and turn arrows make it an easy on and off from 64. There is a Cracker Barrel right next door and a Golden Corral just up the street. Not far off is a larger selection of restaurants and gas stations as well as a Wal Mart for any travel needs.

The rooms were clean and quiet. The bathroom was modern and sizeable. Great for an overnight stay if you're passing through town or need a few nights longer. There is nice selection of tv channels if you're looking to relax after a long drive.

The breakfast buffet was nicely stocked with a wide variety of hot and cold items. There is free wifi available in the rooms and it was easy to connect to.

All of the staff was very pleasant and helpful and really seemed to care about the quality of your stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Days Inn Waynesboro
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft
Best Western Staunton Inn
Best Western Staunton Inn
#3 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center? Share your experiences!