Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
New Jersey girl
“It was convenient.”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I needed to be in Waynesboro, so chose the Best Western. I think I was one of the few people in the hotel. The hotel was OK. The room was clean, but the hotel seemed like it needed some sprucing up. OK continental breakfast included. Very ordinary. There is a Cracker Barrel next door and it was doing a very booming business.

On the plus side, it's right near the start of Skyline Drive and I-64. On the minus, the Skyline Drive was fogged in, so I didn't get to experience it.

Nothing horrible, but nothing special either.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sillycat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Our room was clean, bed was comfortable. Breakfast in the better range. Biggest complaint- we were not told they were holding a prom & the pounding bass would continue til 11 P.M. It did stop shortly after 11 but hours of noise (could not hear music, only the boom) made the stay less than pleasant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stayed here while working due to an evening meeting in Charlottesville. The hotel over all was nice and clean. Our room had a dirty dust rag left in the room which was a little off putting. The heat/air wasn't working the best, it was too hot, or too cold, but could not get an in-between that was comfortable. The most upsetting experience for us was the children. Now while we do not hold the hotel accountable for other's actions, my opinion is that the hotel should have rules, and enforce them as necessary. First, I would have loved to have gotten in the pool after a long day, but it was over run by children, even late at night. Again, not the hotels fault, but unsupervised children in a pool horse playing and acting up? So off to bed about 10 pm while trying to relax and get to sleep as I needed to be up early and get to work. The noise (from other rooms) was unbearable, even with the fan running (as fan was the only thing that attempted to keep the room comfortable). We were on the end of the hall with the vending machines, and I had to go out into the hall and tell the children to stop running, shouting and making so much noise as others were trying to rest. I did this after at least 30 minutes of aggravation; it was not as impulsive thing as I consider myself a very patient person. The children did listen, and I did not report it to the front desk, but again, shouldn't this fall on parents, and the on the hotel to enforce common decency. In closing, I just wish that there were hotels that were children free, as I'd stay there 100% of the time. I gave this hotel 3 star as average accounting cost and aggravations I may or may not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the vending machines at the outside end of the halls to cut down on the amo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
CFridley, Owner at Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
We appreciate your comments and apologize that you did not experience an excellent stay at our hotel. Our staff strives to be viligent in ensuring the comfort of all of our guests and I apologize that the noise from children in the hotel disturbed your stay. While we require that youth teams sign a policy that outlines adult supervision, and in your case, our staff members would have been available to speak to the group requesting that the noise level be lowered.

With regards to the maintenance issues, we would have loved the opportunity to accommodate you in a different room for the rest of your stay so that we could have resolved the issue in your guest room. A high level of service combined with a comfortable, enjoyable stay is very important to our hotel team. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel to demonstrate this to you. Thank you for your comments.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 5, 2012

New Golden Corral next door/Walmart 2 BLOCKS AWAY/EXCELLENT BREAKFAST/GREAT STAFF. Next to southen entrance to skyline drive/best of all GREAT RATES!!!

Lenox, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western for two nights while visiting relatives. This is our favorite place to stay in the area. The prices are reasonable and the rooms are large and clean.

They mind the things that make your stay more pleasant. Plenty of outlets throughout the room, excellent Internet service, counter with coffee/microwave/fridge, comfy beds, and a helpful friendly staff.

The free breakfast is very good compared to hotels in a similar price range.

If you are in the Waynesboro area this is a very good choice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank C from NY
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I recently attended a conference at this location and was very pleasantly surprised. I haven't stay at a Best Western in years and this trip will change that. The entire staff was very helpful, polite and appeared happy to be working there. That is a nice reflection on the hotel and it's leadership. The rooms were updated, clean and comfortable. They have a very nice conference center that offered several options for our conference. I used to stay across the street at another hotel, but will stay at this Best Western whenever I'm in that area. I also enjoyed their complimentary full breakfast each monring too.

Room Tip: My room faced the highway but heard very little noise from traffic. Just stay a room or two away fro...
1 Thank Phil P
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I have been here for 4 nights this week and the staff has been Great!. The hotel is very clean, beds are great. Very convenient to several nice restaurants near 64. Sara and Jane were very helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Days Inn Waynesboro
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft
Best Western Staunton Inn
Best Western Staunton Inn
#3 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center? Share your experiences!