Royal Inn Motel
Residence Inn Waynesboro(Waynesboro)
$169
$66
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn Waynesboro(Waynesboro)(Great Value!)
$115
Travelocity
Iris Inn(Waynesboro)
$319
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I wanted to give another mom-n-pop motel a chance - disappointed again. Accommodations were worn and dated. The bathroom in our initial room had large, and very obvious, areas of mold on fixtures, and the toilet ran continuously; after fixing the toilet, we discovered it leaked where the commodes contacts the tile floor. The staff was friendly, and accommodating, and attempted rapid repairs, and relocated another room. That second room, though less moldy, had large dust bunnies anywhere the eyes could not easily see (and even in some obvious areas); the broken glass in the widow pane was held together with packaging tape. The last straw was the large clumps of hair in the drain - we will make allowances for many things, but there is NEVER a time when UNCLEAN is acceptable. Even with 8 hours of driving behind us that day, we checked out, and left in search of a different place to rest.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tominfairfield
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Very nice personnel at check in. Mattress isn't the best and the decor is awful. But the hotel has a horror movie charm with the wall shower and sink without cabinets...which to me made it fun to stay in. Inexpensive and clean overall. Sheets gas station next door is great and only 30 minutes from Charlottesville.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have stayed here for a few years, and I have had a poor room once. It was the wrong room and I didn't want to move 2 disabled ladies. Victor tries to keep up these rooms with a low revenue turnover, and usually gives me a good room at 1/2 the price of other motels. The area is a middle class neighborhood, and close to downtown. We are there on the busiest week of the fall and he doesn't gouge prices like most places.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Ken C
Reviewed July 14, 2012

A friend and I were on an extended road trip and had not planned on staying the night in Waynesboro. We cruised by a couple of hotels on the main strip and did not like the vibe of the people hanging around the parking lots. I did a quick search on my phone and the Royal Inn showed up as being close by with much cheaper rates than the chain hotels.

We were worried that it was going to be in a bad area of town, but once we pulled into the parking lot found that it seemed just fine (although its hard to really tell late at night.) We had booked the room online so check-in was pretty fast and the clerk (who I am guessing was also one of the owners) was very friendly.

You can tell when you pull up to the rooms that this is a pretty old hotel. I haven't had to use a KEY to open a motel room door in a long time. The rooms are a mix of old and newer furnishings and decor. Everything was reasonably clean. I've been in hotels with carpet so dirty that my feet/socks were stained after a few minutes of walking. I felt comfortable being barefoot in this room.

The sheets, blankets and pillows were clean and smelled fresh. The coverlets were showing their age, but had no odor or problems. The TV was a 25" tube tv with cable. We were surprised that the room actually had a small fridge. It was old, but worked.

We were a little concerned that some of the windows faced a dark area behind the hotel and they were open/unsecured. That was the first thing we fixed.

The bathrooms were older than dirt (but clean.) The floors and shower were all tile.

Towels were pretty thin and cheap, but not unexpected for what we paid.

The A/C unit worked well and kept the room a comfortable temperature. We were staying during one of the biggest heatwaves to hit the SE in years (daytime temps over 100 degrees and HOT nights) so that was a relief.

Bed was not super comfortable (I'm getting spoiled by the awesome beds in most chains now) but I was able to sleep through the night.

Obviously no type of breakfast at all in the morning, but plenty of restaurants nearby to choose from.

All in all, if you are looking for a place to stay on a budget, the Royal Inn is not bad. If you are looking for a romantic getaway, or a place to stay with children, skip it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank RedDragonMartialArts
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I stayed in this motel and was happy - Waynesboro is vey handy to Shenandoah NP and Luray Caverns.

The room was large and clean, the staff were extremely helpful. I did have trouble finding the motel, but other than than I would be happy to recommend the motel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo