“Great Hot Dog”

The Boardwalk Cafe
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Description: The Boardwalk Cafe, the Valley's original specialty hot dog eatery, is the perfect place to bring your whole family for great food and a fun time. Owners Jane & Steve Pittella have created a friendly neighborhood spot where folks can relax and enjoy a casual meal or snack in a comfortable setting. Homemade soups, sides, fresh-baked sweet treats, hot and cold sandwiches, beverages, and gluten-free and vegetarian choices join the 50 varieties of hot dogs served.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I went there with my daughter on a special daddy-daughter day. She said she wanted a hot dog. She got a plain and I got a "West Virginia." It had chili and Cole slaw. It was delicious and the people who work there are very nice.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a fun, casual neighborhood place with kind and friendly staff - the owners - Jane and Steve Pittella. Serving their take on Nathan's hot dogs - this place is truly going to the dogs. Today I had the special - Mexican Taco Salad Dog -- it was all that and more. Not a neat meal but a great meal - a four napkin meal: Taco chips, lettuce, chili, jalapeno peppers, onions and more on my "big" dog. It was a lot and I finished it off with some old fashioned bread pudding and a diet Pepsi. Still under $10 - under $9 I think.

I try to make it by this local favorite at least every month or six weeks. The owners are genuinely nice people and they offer gluten-free and vegetarian choices. I have family with Celiac's disease and having Gluten-free is a big deal. And they understand cross contamination and are very careful.

There is always a "Hot Dog of the Week" along with their regular favorites like a B. L. Texas - Grilled hot dog on a bun with bacon, lettuce, tomato & mayo for only $4.39. Or the Wisconsin - Grilled hot dog on a bun, topped with Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese - also $4.39. There are hot dog specials for every state and lots of other in between. They also offer a Cuban Sandwich, a "Treuban" Sandwich (turkey, ham, Swiss cheese, fresh sauerkraut & 1000 Island dressing on a hoagie roll pressed on the grill 'til toasted).

To finish off your meal there is a wide choice of extras: frozen chocolate covered bananas - hot pretzels baked to order - knishes - Italian Ice and more. This is a great place for quick take out or eat in with friends. Dress up or down - good family place serving all beef 1/4 pound hot dogs. Yuum.

They are open Tuesday-Thursday 11 to 6; Friday 11-7 and Saturday noon to 7.

1  Thank MURDERLADY
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We saw this little place advertised on our local news channel and decided to give it a try and man am I glad we did! This was some amazing food! Great prices and fast service! I had the Hawaiian Dog and the Boardwalk Dog and both were just great! The owners were so nice and I was shocked at how fast they were because they were pretty busy! The inside of the restaurant is simple but extremely clean and very comfy. My family and I will definitely be back!!!

1  Thank RSharpe701