“Burgertime!!!”

The Tailgate Grill
Ranked #8 of 98 Restaurants in Waynesboro
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 11, 2013

if you are looking for a great burger like you used to be able to get-this is it! Fresh and hot-get extra napkins because it's sooo juicy! I love the old-style sweet ketchup as well- the fires are not my favorite- i prefer crinkle cut- but these came out crisp and piping hot.

Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Always packed which is a good sign. A good place to run into friends with a good local feel to it. The fries are shoestring styles, even smaller than McDonald's, which is how I like them. If there is a downside to them is they get cold quickly. Its noisy and the tables are arranged for maximum occupancy. The burgers are just burgers, nothing exceptional and seem to shine mainly because we have grown so accustomed to the poor quality of local fast food. Service is what you would expect for a crowded small restaurant. Good most of the time but can be spotty. It is a good value in my opinion and a big step up from the fast food in quality but not in price. It is a great place for a quick burger when I don't want to fire up my grill. Every town needs a place like this. It fits a good niche.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have been here several times, and I will say the burgers are probably my favorite. The philly cheesesteaks are also very good, and I would also recommend the onion rings over the fries. The staff is friendly and tries to take care of you quickly. I would say it doesn't take much longer than a fast food place, but SO much better than any burger you would get at McDonalds, etc.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Okay, I have to admit it tasted good - but the recently rated best burger in the valley had my arteries screaming when I saw it sitting on the plate swimming in a side of grease. Eating it was like taking a bath in more grease as it ran down both my arms. Next to my burger with the biggest basket of fries I have ever seen. More grease. I ate the burger - hoped I would survive my first heart attack - and ate a small handful of fries. The price was reasonable, but do yourself a favor - just step into traffic it will be quicker. This favorite burger is a heart attack just waiting to happen. One of those been there done that experiences. Nice staff, very friendly, but my body won't survive a return.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Love the fries. Thin, crisp and exactly the way they are supposed to be. The burgers are as big as your face (well, not really, but they're big) and very good. Great lunch stop.