“Muy Bien”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: New restaurant where south river grill was located
Description: New restaurant where south river grill was located
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had a great meal fast and curteous service at Plaza Azteca. The only problem we had was there was live music and it was difficult to hear one another over the music. The music was great, but we had a group of people that hadn't seen eachother for over 1 yr. and it was difficult to carry on a conversation.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Mexican restaurants differ greatly depending upon location and price. This one is in a part of the US that is not generally noted for good MExican food, but this one is just fine. The food was tasty and the spicyness was as variable as each diner wanted. At this particular meal there were 4 of us and we all had Fahitas - but a varying type. All were good as were the other items than the meat. The service was very good. Our waiter was very attendant. It is also one of those rare places that, if you order guacamole it was made at your table rather than being pre-pared in the kitchen or from a jar. All in all, this was a good place with good service and a reasonable price.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had an excellent meal, but the service wasn't very good. I requested a refill on my drink and the waiter simply took my glass and never came back. We didn't see much of him at all.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We ate at Plaza Azteca 2 nights in a row. It was so good on Friday night we went back on Saturday night. Our waitress was excellent. Very attentive and quick service. The second night we had a waiter. He wasn't as attentive but that didn't affect the quality and quantity of our food.

Salsa and chips were delivered to our table as soon as we sat down. The salsa was fresh and very good. The chicken fajitas were very plentiful in size. My husband had a pork burrito and my daughter had a combo meal. Both were very happy with their choices. Beers and margaritas come in 3 different sizes.

Prices were very reasonable. We had a 20% off coupon from our hotel which was good on the entire bill including beverages.The Holiday inn Express, Comfort inn and Residence Inn were all a 2 minute walk. I wish we had a plaza azetca at home. We would be regulars.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Went here for a late dinner. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We ordered the table side guacamole as an appetizer. OMG that was so good. I had the Fajita Burritos and they were good, nothing to write home about. My wife and I had a frozen margarita and they were average to good.

So for a friendly staff and OUTSTANDING table side Guacamole this is the place to go.