“Great fresh food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: New restaurant where south river grill was located
Description: New restaurant where south river grill was located
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The food round here must be wonderful if this place is just ranked tenth! We were staying in the Residence Inn across the road so walked over on the basis of recent reviews discussing their vegetarian options. We enjoyed the table side guacamole (only because of the previous reviews!) and spinach enchiladas. We had one dish of these which we shared(we had managed to confuse our waiter so didn't get the other dish we had ordered, but basically these two dishes filled us with good tasty fresh food. Managed to sneak in a dessert of churros which were delicious. very reasonably priced, unpretentious and not at all pushy. Could see why it was so popular on a damp Monday evening!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were staying at the Residence Inn across the street and wanted somewhere we could walk too that had vegetarian options - this place fit the bill! Lots of veggie options which were very appreciated. The food is very mild too - good for me, but my husband was looking for a little more kick. Very cheesey too. Tasty, fresh, and at a good price. We got the tableside quac which was good too. Nothing was overly amazing, but it was tasty and satisfied us both. Our server wasn't the greatest, a little rushed and didn't smile, but all the other servers seemed friendlier so I think we just go lucky lol Overall I'd eat here again.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had dinner here while stopping overnight at the Comfort Inn next door. It's good Mexican food, not at all greasy and at an affordable price. We both had a vegetarian dish, Sonora in my case and my partner had spinach enchiladas. Both were well prepared and tasty. I asked for a side salad half way through dinner, guacamole and it was also good. Price for us both with a couple of imported draft beers was around $30. It was busy but the service was just fine. They also do a table side guacamole, which we saw prepared but did not have. If you like Mexican, this place should be to your liking. It made me want to speak Spanish.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed across the street at the Holiday Inn (which was phenomenal). This restaurant was very convenient, quick service and good food for a good price.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

First time I have ever been to an upscale Mexican restaurant. My husband and I went there because we were traveling. I was kind of put off by the prices at first, until we got our food. I paid 9.99 for a tamale and enchilada platter. The tamales were the best I have ever had. They were moist and flavorful without the overbearing taste of corn. Fantastic. The rice, fuggetabout it. OMG that is the best Mexican rice I have ever had. It was hot, fluffy, and had a nutty flavor. Usually I skip over the rice, but I ate it all. This place is fantastic. My husband got a burrito and it was HUGE!! The service was great and we will return next year.