“Absolutely DELICIOSO and PERFECTO in every way!”
Review of Plaza Azteca

Plaza Azteca
Ranked #13 of 98 Restaurants in Waynesboro
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: New restaurant where south river grill was located
Description: New restaurant where south river grill was located
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express just across the street and was so grateful to find Plaza Azteca just steps from my hotel room. This place is the real deal. I lived in Mexico and haven't had food and a Mexican restaurant ambiance this authentic since my time abroad. It was really wonderful. I highly recommend the table-side guacamole appetizer (it is huge -- big enough for four people) and the chicken and shrimp fajitas were absolutely delicious. Their rice that came with the fajitas was also particularly noteworthy-- really, really tasty which surprised me because I usually don't care for mexican rice out at restaurants. Plaza Azteca really did it right though and I was thoroughly impressed with the entire experience-- the decor, the service, the food, the atmosphere, and the amazing mariachi band! Amazing! Please do yourself a favor and don't miss out on this restaurant the next time you are in Waynesboro!!!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This restaurant is fairly decent. The food is average, but a little pricier than most for tacos, enchiladas, etc. The service wasn't the greatest at the beginning (it took a little longer for our waitress to take our drink orders and food orders than I would have expected), but it got better. Be sure to check your bill if you have children that order from the kids' menu as our waitress took our drink order first and then when we got the bill, there was a charge present for $4.50 for the two milks that should have been included in the price of the kids' orders. She claimed it's because she didn't know when she took the kids' drink order that they would be ordering from the kids' menu. I've never had this happen at a restaurant before, but perhaps this is how all wait staff do this, but it's the first time we've had a waitress forget to remove it from the bill.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

So the food is actually pretty good, but I am 5'4" tall and my feet do not touch the floor in the chairs or the booths. It cuts off my circulation and I can't stand the seating. Seating overrules the food. Too bad - I thought the food was pretty good but after 4 trips I ended up with sciatica. Food wasn't that good.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Plaza Azteca may be the best Mexican restaurant we have ever been to! Don't be fooled by the fact that it is a franchise. Guacamole made fresh at your table, delicious appetizers, bountiful main courses, cold, cold beer, and HUGE margaritas await. The service is outstanding with perhaps the friendliest staff we have ever encountered. And on certain weekend evenings and Wednesdays there is terrific live entertainment. This restaurant simply has no flaws. Go out of your way if you are in the Waynesboro area to dine and drink here.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We came here on our way back home from West Virginia. We're glad we went. The food was delicious and nice portions. We ordered from the combination menu. We recommend the burrito deluxe and carne asada were tasty and satisfying. Our only problem was with our five year olds order. They brought the wrong thing and the poor thing was starving and then they brought something else wrong again. I guess it was the kitchens fault because the waiter sure tried.