“An okay Mexican restaurant - a little pricier than some”
Review of Plaza Azteca

Plaza Azteca
Ranked #12 of 97 Restaurants in Waynesboro
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: New restaurant where south river grill was located
Description: New restaurant where south river grill was located
NC
“An okay Mexican restaurant - a little pricier than some”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This restaurant is fairly decent. The food is average, but a little pricier than most for tacos, enchiladas, etc. The service wasn't the greatest at the beginning (it took a little longer for our waitress to take our drink orders and food orders than I would have expected), but it got better. Be sure to check your bill if you have children that order from the kids' menu as our waitress took our drink order first and then when we got the bill, there was a charge present for $4.50 for the two milks that should have been included in the price of the kids' orders. She claimed it's because she didn't know when she took the kids' drink order that they would be ordering from the kids' menu. I've never had this happen at a restaurant before, but perhaps this is how all wait staff do this, but it's the first time we've had a waitress forget to remove it from the bill.

• Visited September 2012

Afton, VA
“Seating is AWFUL”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

So the food is actually pretty good, but I am 5'4" tall and my feet do not touch the floor in the chairs or the booths. It cuts off my circulation and I can't stand the seating. Seating overrules the food. Too bad - I thought the food was pretty good but after 4 trips I ended up with sciatica. Food wasn't that good.

Visited March 2012
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Best mexican food and servicein Central Va”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Plaza Azteca may be the best Mexican restaurant we have ever been to! Don't be fooled by the fact that it is a franchise. Guacamole made fresh at your table, delicious appetizers, bountiful main courses, cold, cold beer, and HUGE margaritas await. The service is outstanding with perhaps the friendliest staff we have ever encountered. And on certain weekend evenings and Wednesdays there is terrific live entertainment. This restaurant simply has no flaws. Go out of your way if you are in the Waynesboro area to dine and drink here.

• Visited August 2012
Gloucester, Virginia
“Stylish dining at great Prices.”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We came here on our way back home from West Virginia. We're glad we went. The food was delicious and nice portions. We ordered from the combination menu. We recommend the burrito deluxe and carne asada were tasty and satisfying. Our only problem was with our five year olds order. They brought the wrong thing and the poor thing was starving and then they brought something else wrong again. I guess it was the kitchens fault because the waiter sure tried.

• Visited August 2012
“Best place to eat in a LONG time, and EXCELLENT VALUE!!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Went here on a Thursday evening, as we stayed at the Residence across the street. My wife and I both had the seafood chimichangas and they were DELICIOUS! Everything was a really good value too, and before we were finished, I was wishing we lived close enough to come here. It was so good that I will make it a point to stop by when I am in the area in the future, and that's uncommon for me. Service was superb, except the waiter said margaritas (which were HUGE, BTW) were like $5.99, but the bill showed they were $7.95. When asked, he went to ask the bartender or manager, and the word is that Happy Hour was over at 7pm. While I agree that the waiter should've known that, it was so good that I didn't make an issue of it. Service otherwise was very, VERY prompt and attentive. The decor was really nice, better than the brick exterior indicates.