“New Favorite Mexican Place; Each Bite Better Than the Last”
Review of Plaza Azteca

Plaza Azteca
Ranked #13 of 95 Restaurants in Waynesboro
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: New restaurant where south river grill was located
Crozet, Virginia
“New Favorite Mexican Place; Each Bite Better Than the Last”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Delicious straight up house margarita! Chicken Sonora was amazing, large portions for sides, appetizers and meals. Husband had the chorizo and chicken burrito and mom had taco/enchilado combo. Both best each one has ever had. Ceviche appetizer was fine but chicken, onion and melted cheese appetizer was AMAZING. Would order alone and eat w/chips as a meal. If everything else on the menu is as good, I can't wait to try them all.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Just okay”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The food was nothing special and a little greasy. Drinks were more than ample.

Service was friendly.

Visited June 2012
Verona, VA
“My first visit...will go again”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My wife and a few friends have raved about this place. So last evening we were in the area and I decided to give it a try. Pleasant and friendly staff greetend us and I even recognized one from another restaurant that we used to visit. Service was just a tad bit slow, but otherwise ok. The food was very good and served very hot. There was a cheesy sauce that we all enjoyed on our plates. The side choice of rice was very tasty. The tortilla chips came with a spicy ranch type sauce that was also very enjoyable. Prices were average, the drinks the ladies had drove the bill up a bit much. During our visit, I noticed three staff members puzzling over seating plans. I asked how many they were trying to seat and they replied thirteen. Were were sitting outside and voluntarily gave up our seats so they could accommodate the large party. They were very appreciative. I think maybe they should have offered a "comp" of some type for our generousity...it did not happen and we did not ask. Overall, we will eat there again. I recommend at least a visit to see for yourself!

• Visited June 2012
Stuarts Draft, Virginia, United States
“Eat somewhere else. Good for drinks”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The frozen margaritas where delicious!!!! I ordered chicken nachos and it smelled and looked like tuna NOT chicken the guacamole could have used a bit more flavor too.

• Visited May 2012
“Guacamole is freshly made at your table”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Waiters are friendly and nice, but service seems slow to me. Like the live music!

Visited May 2012